i'm thinking of becoming an animal control officer yikes.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Ok so I manage a dog daycare and I LOVE IT. It is also about an hour and a half drive from my house. ( i used to live in indy , moved back to illinois to buy and remodel rental properties) I am well compensated for making the drive. I am given a house to stay in , a car to drive while i'm there. My boyfriend also live in Il with me ,but works from home for a company in indy. When he has to be on site in indy, my bos gives him an extra office at the dacare so that he doesn't have to drive back to ill and indy several time a day/week. Also this allows us to just take 1 car to indy which is why im given a car while i'm there. The pay is less than impressive but honestly, i would work there for free. The owner is amazing. I tried to leave my job but I couldn't. However the animal control officer job jsut became available in il. Aside from having to leave my current job, I wouldn't have to commute any longer which means more time at home with the kids. This new job would be sad a lot i'm sure , so that is a concern. However I would be helping dogs more than I do now. ALso there is the small concern that my friends and famaily already think all i do is look at dogs all day. Now i would jsut be driving around looking at dogs according to them . They can't understand why I do what I do because " I don't HAVE to work" I'm so torn idk what to do.:confused:

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like an interesting opportunity. Follow your heart :heart:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Sounds like an interesting opportunity. Follow your heart :heart:

Exactly what I was thinking. Do what you WANT to do and dont worry bout everyone else. I agree it would be tough to see so much sadness but then being able to bust the cruel owners and help save some would be great!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yes follow your heart, do what makes you happy and what works best for you and your family. I will say, what a tough job! But I have nothing but an immense amount of respect for those that can do it. I have considered doing it myself but in the end I know I am too sensitive, I'd be an emotional wreck if I had to do see what animal control officers see everyday. Plus I know that would be a job that would have me angry everyday and I just couldn't live like that. Like I said though, if you decide to do that, kudos to you! The neglected and abused animals of this world need a voice and bless those that are strong enough to stand up for them.

L

Lucy-licious

It sounds like an amazing opportunity to me :) yes you will have to deal with distessing sights at the hand of cruelty, but you will be in a possition to help and do something about it. You will also beable to educate people on how to take xare of their animals properly to help prevent an animals unnecesary suffering just because the owner didnt know better. If your really worried about not being able to cope have a word with your current employer and see if should you not settle would you beable to return to your old post? :)

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Thanks everyone for your support. I think I have decided to go apply for the job and see what happens. I believe everything happens for a reason and if this is meant to be it will and if not it won't. @Lucylambchop My boss has told me when i attempted to leave before that I can alwyas come back. If I leave and walk through her door in 5 years I can start that day as far as she is concerned. Thats serious job security lol.:heart: her.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I believe in fate ... I think that if you apply for the job and you get it then it is meant to be. :heart:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Well I applied this morning so now we just wait and see what happens.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.