The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
To everyone who lives in OK and TX that has been impacted by this crazy rain. Please stay safe. Last night we had almost 11 inches by my house in 3 hours and I know there are areas that had it much worse that I did. Sadly more is on the way so it is only going to get worse over the next few days. Maybe we will get lucky and the system won't develop as they are expecting it to.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
To everyone who lives in OK and TX that has been impacted by this crazy rain. Please stay safe. Last night we had almost 11 inches by my house in 3 hours and I know there are areas that had it much worse that I did. Sadly more is on the way so it is only going to get worse over the next few days. Maybe we will get lucky and the system won't develop as they are expecting it to.

Hey Todd,
Hope all is well in your area, we got hit hard but luckily no flooding near home. The streets & yard was bad, and the hail pounded our roof, and garage door. I've been on call, since I'm an insurance agent, calls had me up all night regarding claims. Sadly though, alot were flood related, and not everyone has flood policies. Sucks bc they think its covered under their home policy, I hate being the bearer of bad news. Is this it for us, or is there another round coming?
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - How are you guys out in Fulshear?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hey Todd,
Is this it for us, or is there another round coming?

There is more coming this afternoon. Flood warning has been issued until 6am tomorrow but I honestly think it will be much longer than that being that we have rain in the forecast for the next 2 weeks.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
There is more coming this afternoon. Flood warning has been issued until 6am tomorrow but I honestly think it will be much longer than that being that we have rain in the forecast for the next 2 weeks.

FML - are you guys flooded in your area? You're in Cypress right?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
FML - are you guys flooded in your area? You're in Cypress right?
We are in Bear Creek. My house is up about 5 feet from the street so we didn't get flooded, but we did have water about 9 feet up our driveway so we had to move my son's car in to the middle of our front yard. If i flood from the front mother nature can have my house, but I have crappy drainage in the back thanks to all of my neighbors that decided to have their run off come to my yard so i will flood from there first.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We are in Bear Creek. My house is up about 5 feet from the street so we didn't get flooded, but we did have water about 9 feet up our driveway so we had to move my son's car in to the middle of our front yard. If i flood from the front mother nature can have my house, but I have crappy drainage in the back thanks to all of my neighbors that decided to have their run off come to my yard so i will flood from there first.

Ugh. Do you guys have a flood policy? I normally don't for us, but thinking I may get one since they have a 30 day wait, and if this is a preview as to what Hurricane season will be, then I think I should. Our front was fine for the most part, we back up to a bayou - no back neighbors, so that helps alot. I have a coworker who lives in Bellaire, she has water in her house, and all 3 cars are under water. You guys stay safe! I wonder if Home Depot has sand bags left.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes stay safe! I was just checking in on Mavsfan4life yesterday and all is ok but it's bad she said, checked in David he's safe he said it was west, and he texted this morning saying it was a bad night he was out running calls all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Nope. No flood insurance here either. The cost is insane unless you get it through the state. Last time I had a quote it was over $4,000 a year which is way more than my home owners by itself.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
this is awful, hoping everyone stays safe. Cali would gladly take some of that rain here....

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom Nope. No flood insurance here either. The cost is insane unless you get it through the state. Last time I had a quote it was over $4,000 a year which is way more than my home owners by itself.

Hey Todd, are you in a flood zone? If not, then the highest rate is $430/year - do you know what zone you are in?

- - - Updated - - -

this is awful, hoping everyone stays safe. Cali would gladly take some of that rain here....

Becareful what you ask for sir, lol

We asked for rain too bc of the drought - now everyone is begging for it to go away. My coworker currently has 27' of standing water in their front yard, and 3 cars under water.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hey Todd, are you in a flood zone? If not, then the highest rate is $430/year - do you know what zone you are in?

No not really. I think I am in a 500/1000 year plain or something like that. I am about 5 miles from Addicks reservoir where everything around me drains to keep the flooding down. My house was built in the 70's and has never been flooded even when Allen, Alicia, Allison, Rita and Ike hit.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've been thinking of you guys… we had that 100 year flood here a couple years back and it was horrible. So many closed roads and they closed the schools for weeks. Sending prayers :pray:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The weather is crazy lately some areas are getting no rain and have drought and forest fires, and others are getting too much rain, and flooding. One day we have hot and humid weather with AC on, and the next day it goes down to +1 and frost and the heat is back on. I hope everyone in Texas stays safe, and doesn't experience too much damage to their homes, property and cars. I hope the rain lets up for you guys. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, and sending love and prayers your way.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.