TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

Thanks! We need it. All the schools are closed. And more rain is coming in a few hours. I'm on call (insurance) and our building has water damage. Its nuts. Keep us in your prayers!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Been praying for all of you all weekend.... it is so scary seeing what is happening in such a short period of time -- please all of you stay safe!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm thinking of you guys out in Tx and Oklahoma too. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw the video in the news and heard about the deaths. Be careful...things can happen so quickly and dangerously when it comes to flooding.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I've been thinking of you guys… we had that 100 year flood here a couple years back and it was horrible. So many closed roads and they closed the schools for weeks. Sending prayers [emoji14]ray:
Two weeks ago our area had the once in 500 years flood. If this keeps up all of us will need to build Arks as we will be close to the 1000/5000/10000 year flood mark.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I've been thinking of all of you out that way, stay safe and smart and have an evac. Plan in place for family and pets.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] we are OK here in Fulshear, high and dry, but I worked Richmond last night and we were running all night. Fire alarms, medical calls, high water, you name it we got it. The guys at station one even did a few water rescues.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] we are OK here in Fulshear, high and dry, but I worked Richmond last night and we were running all night. Fire alarms, medical calls, high water, you name it we got it. The guys at station one even did a few water rescues.

I don't believe its said enough but thank you so much for your service, I pray for first responders all the time :) this weather is crazy and rain is still in the forecast for the rest of the week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] - I know you are in Houston too - all okay in your area? Just checking in. I can't believe its raining again, and will continue all week. I laughed when I heard we're under flood warnings til May 31st. Good Lord.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] - I know you are in Houston too - all okay in your area? Just checking in. I can't believe its raining again, and will continue all week. I laughed when I heard we're under flood warnings til May 31st. Good Lord.

Thank you for asking, we are fine. I am not sure how much rain we got as our rain gauge only goes up to 5" and it was overflowing! We got a bunch more this morning and it's sprinkling now. The tough part was getting the dogs out to pee! Neither one of them like getting their feet wet at the best of times so it was a bit of a battle. We are north of FM 1960 close to Cypress Creek and that is very high but it has never flooded here so we should be OK. Talking of flood insurance, even though we are outside of the flood plain (just) we have it as you just never know in Houston and I think for $430 a year it is worth it for the peace of mind. Stay safe everyone!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you for asking, we are fine. I am not sure how much rain we got as our rain gauge only goes up to 5" and it was overflowing! We got a bunch more this morning and it's sprinkling now. The tough part was getting the dogs out to pee! Neither one of them like getting their feet wet at the best of times so it was a bit of a battle. We are north of FM 1960 close to Cypress Creek and that is very high but it has never flooded here so we should be OK. Talking of flood insurance, even though we are outside of the flood plain (just) we have it as you just never know in Houston and I think for $430 a year it is worth it for the peace of mind. Stay safe everyone!

Good to hear back from you! And glad all is well. Yes, I am an insurance agent, so needless to say my phone has been nonstop with people all the sudden deciding they want flood insurance, lol -- after they claimed they didn't need it when I offered it initially. I'm in Katy - its been bad, but not flooded like most other parts of Houston - thank goodness. I have alot of clients under water though. Just stinks. Glad the babies are well. I know what you mean about the potty issues! We gotta bribe with treats, haha. Stay safe!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Photo of one of Houston's freeways after the flooding this week - is it just me or does this photo look like a scene from the Walking Dead? LOL

0b8c890ce79d3961161458deb13e623b.jpg

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
We just moved to Houston from Phoenix last August and this rain is crazy, I feel like I'm never going to see the sun again!! Take me back to Phoenix!! Haha :)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We just moved to Houston from Phoenix last August and this rain is crazy, I feel like I'm never going to see the sun again!! Take me back to Phoenix!! Haha :)

This rain while bad isn't the worst that I have seen. Tropical Storm Allison was much worse let alone when a Cat 3, 4 or 5 hurricane hits.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
This rain while bad isn't the worst that I have seen. Tropical Storm Allison was much worse let alone when a Cat 3, 4 or 5 hurricane hits.

I'm actually originally from Virginia Beach so I def have experience with hurricanes too and know how bad that can get! We just lived in Phoenix the last few years and you really get spoiled there with it only raining once every few months!! :) I've gotta get myself used to all the rain and humidity again!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online