Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @1Chumly - I know you are in Houston too - all okay in your area? Just checking in. I can't believe its raining again, and will continue all week. I laughed when I heard we're under flood warnings til May 31st. Good Lord.
    Thank you for asking, we are fine. I am not sure how much rain we got as our rain gauge only goes up to 5" and it was overflowing! We got a bunch more this morning and it's sprinkling now. The tough part was getting the dogs out to pee! Neither one of them like getting their feet wet at the best of times so it was a bit of a battle. We are north of FM 1960 close to Cypress Creek and that is very high but it has never flooded here so we should be OK. Talking of flood insurance, even though we are outside of the flood plain (just) we have it as you just never know in Houston and I think for $430 a year it is worth it for the peace of mind. Stay safe everyone!
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    Thank you for asking, we are fine. I am not sure how much rain we got as our rain gauge only goes up to 5" and it was overflowing! We got a bunch more this morning and it's sprinkling now. The tough part was getting the dogs out to pee! Neither one of them like getting their feet wet at the best of times so it was a bit of a battle. We are north of FM 1960 close to Cypress Creek and that is very high but it has never flooded here so we should be OK. Talking of flood insurance, even though we are outside of the flood plain (just) we have it as you just never know in Houston and I think for $430 a year it is worth it for the peace of mind. Stay safe everyone!

Good to hear back from you! And glad all is well. Yes, I am an insurance agent, so needless to say my phone has been nonstop with people all the sudden deciding they want flood insurance, lol -- after they claimed they didn't need it when I offered it initially. I'm in Katy - its been bad, but not flooded like most other parts of Houston - thank goodness. I have alot of clients under water though. Just stinks. Glad the babies are well. I know what you mean about the potty issues! We gotta bribe with treats, haha. Stay safe!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Stay Safe

Photo of one of Houston's freeways after the flooding this week - is it just me or does this photo look like a scene from the Walking Dead? LOL

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

We just moved to Houston from Phoenix last August and this rain is crazy, I feel like I'm never going to see the sun again!! Take me back to Phoenix!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedpr1ncs View Post
    We just moved to Houston from Phoenix last August and this rain is crazy, I feel like I'm never going to see the sun again!! Take me back to Phoenix!! Haha

This rain while bad isn't the worst that I have seen. Tropical Storm Allison was much worse let alone when a Cat 3, 4 or 5 hurricane hits.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    This rain while bad isn't the worst that I have seen. Tropical Storm Allison was much worse let alone when a Cat 3, 4 or 5 hurricane hits.
    I'm actually originally from Virginia Beach so I def have experience with hurricanes too and know how bad that can get! We just lived in Phoenix the last few years and you really get spoiled there with it only raining once every few months!! I've gotta get myself used to all the rain and humidity again!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedpr1ncs View Post
    I'm actually originally from Virginia Beach so I def have experience with hurricanes too and know how bad that can get! We just lived in Phoenix the last few years and you really get spoiled there with it only raining once every few months!! I've gotta get myself used to all the rain and humidity again!

Then you know what I am talking about... As for the humidity... I don't think you ever get used to it. I have lived here for almost 40 years and still can't stand it. lol
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

9. Likes sunkissedpr1ncs liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads