ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This video was taken in my hometownā€¦ Arlington, VA at Arlington Cemetery. I was married at the church that stands before the entrance to the cemetery and it's rolling hillsā€¦ it's a very sacred place to me and my family. We have several close friends that have lost their husbands in battle, and we know several men that are buried there. Please take a moment this weekend to remember those that lost their lives for our countryā€¦ God Bless the USA!!! :usa:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Whenever I am near DC I always stop at Arlington National for a few hours to pay my respects. The people that are with me think I am nuts when I do it but they just don't understand.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Whenever I am near DC I always stop at Arlington National for a few hours to pay my respects.

The people that are with me think I am nuts when I do it but they just don't understand.

Thank you, Todd, for your brave & selfless service to the
Marines...Semper Fi, Brother!

Like you, Todd, I can't imagine NOT doing so...of course, I
was born into the military on an Army base & at 6 wks old,
moved to AR with Mom (to her parents) when Dad went to
Korea for 18 months. They dragged 4 kids all over the world
until Dad retired here in Central Texas @ Ft Hood in 1969,
after 2 tours of Viet Nam. He became disabled from exposure
to Agent Orange (he was a medic & flew out on the Huey's) .
My brother also served in the Army & stationed in Germany.

GOD bless our Troops and their Families who sacrifice along
with their Soldiers, we salute you for your dedication and
service to protect our Freedoms & Country...Thank You!

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
This video was taken in my hometownā€¦ Arlington, VA at Arlington Cemetery. I was married at the church that stands before the entrance to the cemetery and it's rolling hillsā€¦ it's a very sacred place to me and my family. We have several close friends that have lost their husbands in battle, and we know several men that are buried there. Please take a moment this weekend to remember those that lost their lives for our countryā€¦ God Bless the USA!!! :usa:

What a fabulous wedding to treasure, that's so cool, Tracey!
Please thank Ray for his brave & long service to America for
us and grateful thanks for you & your family's support of him.
It's not easy being a military family, so many hardships and
you, as a wife & mother, are alone and doing it all, alone.
Thank you & GOD bless y'all <3

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
iStock_000020711550XSmall.jpg
Thank you to all who have fought for this country,those who have served to protect this country, and their families who have sacrificed much to support those who have done so, and still do. :usa: I have visited Arlington several times, and seeing a photo does not do justice, until you have been there in person.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
freedomisntfree.jpg
This is a photo that I have had on my website for quite a while. I thought it very appropriate for Memorial Day. I don't know who took it, but I think it is an awesome photo and says it all.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Whenever I am near DC I always stop at Arlington National for a few hours to pay my respects. The people that are with me think I am nuts when I do it but they just don't understand.

NO they just don't understandā€¦

We always stay for the ceremony at the tomb of the unknown soldier. I tear up every time I see it, and I have seen it many, many timesā€¦

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a fabulous wedding to treasure, that's so cool, Tracey!
Please thank Ray for his brave & long service to America for
us and grateful thanks for you & your family's support of him.
It's not easy being a military family, so many hardships and
you, as a wife & mother, are alone and doing it all, alone.
Thank you & GOD bless y'all <3

We had the full military weddingā€¦ walked under the swords and a carriage ride thru the cemetery. Of course back then I had NO idea what I was in for being a military wifeā€¦ I found out soon enoughā€¦ Lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
God bless all the service men and women for all they have sacrificed.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Thank you for all who served and currently serving our country. My grandfather US Army veteran.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I was just learning about the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the changing of the guards this morning. Wow, what dedication and commitment!

Thank-you for this post. It's so easy to think of Memorial Day only as a day of BBQ's, shopping sales, and a day off from work or school without realizing its true significance. Working at the VA really has brought that home to me as well. God bless the USA.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NO they just don't understandā€¦

We always stay for the ceremony at the tomb of the unknown soldier. I tear up every time I see it, and I have seen it many, many timesā€¦

Tracey.. me too. Been there a few times. Once, I was there an these 'people' were taking through the changing and another man walked over and asked them to pay respect or leave. I was so pissed off

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beautiful video, thank you for this. God Bless America!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey.. me too. Been there a few times. Once, I was there an these 'people' were taking through the changing and another man walked over and asked them to pay respect or leave. I was so pissed off

Americans are rudeā€¦ and I hate to say that, but most of the time it's true. If you ever head overseas you will understand what I meanā€¦ Ray & I always tried to blend in the crowd and this was before 9/11. We could ALWAYS spot the rude americans busting into a store shouting "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH IN HERE?!!" LMAOā€¦ :facepalm2:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online