Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So it's time to post your favorite crock pot recipes. Thought having it's own topic would be a good idea so everyone knows these are only for slow cookers :up:

One of my favorites:

2-3 lb Chuck Roast
Beef Broth
Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
Baby Carrots or whole carrots
Large Onion
1 cup Green Beans (fresh or canned- don't matter really)
1 Tbsp. oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown the Chuck Roast in oil on high in a skillet. Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper to desired taste while browning. I may also sprinkle a bit of garlic salt, I am a 'do as I please' kind of cook. I never follow the recipe to the exact directions.... :whistle:

Cut an onion up into rings. Peel and slice carrots into 1 inch pieces. If using baby carrots leave whole. Spray crock pot with cooking spray to prevent sticking and for easy clean up. Lay onions and carrots in the bottom of the pot. Place browned roast on top. Add 2 cups beef broth. Sprinkle roast with 1 package of Lipton Beefy Onion Soup.

Let cook on low setting if it is before noon, about 8 hours. If it is after noon, cook on high setting for about 5-6 hours.

About an hour before serving, open pot and put in green beans.

You can replace beef broth with 2 cups water and 4-6 bullion cubes. I usually even add a couple cubes into the beef broth :)

Serve with baked potatos. If you like potatoes in your pot, you can add small yellow or red potatos on the sides of the roast at the beginning of the meal, but I prefer mine not to be in the pot soaking in the juices.

You will know it is done with the meat falls apart in the pot. :up:

Enjoy!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
So weird! I already planned tomorrows dinner and its a crockpot meal! It's london broil, one can of cream of mushroom, one can of condensed tomato soup and a packet of the dry onion soup mix. I got a TON of london broil when it was on sale and looked up recipes so I could figure out different ways to make it and found that online. It's really good, the cream of mush, tomato soup, onion soup and beef dripping make a gravy that is perfect to put on mashed potatoes! I am a crockpot junky! I make all kinds of stuff. Some chicken breast with a bottle of BBQ sauce poured over them in the crockpot makes for delicious BBQ sandwiches!

L

Lucy-licious

Oh wow! Please keep the recipes coming...my cookin skills are a bit lax but this 1 pot stuff sounds worth a try :)
Off to buy me a big casserole dish now :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I love crock pot cooking. Because it's easy hearty cooking. I have several favorites I posted to the other recipe thread, but I'll post them here too perhaps tonight after work, not enough time this morning.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], funny you should post this, since this was a topic of mine and Joes conversation this weekend, thanks for the recipe!! [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], please post, I have not owned a crock pot since my boys were little/teens, with just me and the hubby I can whip up a nice dinner quick, but the last couple of weeks I have considered getting a small one. Some nights I am just to tired when I get off work and we end up with sometimes just a loaded baked potato with brocoli and cheese. I told my hubby I would look up recipes from googleing. I would much rather hear these recipes because I know you have all cooked them and I will know they are yummy! Wal-Mart stop after work for a crockpot today, so keep these recipes coming!!

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] you can cook most anything on high even in 4 hours if you are in a hurry. Crock pots are awesome!!!! So far these recipes sound yummy! Good thread Lisa!
K here is one of the best and easiest recipes I have made. Found it on one of my recipe sites and it has the highest reviews on the site so trust me it is really yummy even if it sounds kinda ok. I think I have shared it with at least 15 people who all LOVED it.
Put chicken breasts in the crock pot, as many as you want really. 4 or so depending on how big yours is. Throw a 15 oz. jar of salsa over along with a 15~ish oz. can of corn and a big can of black beans. That is it for the recipe, let it cook then 15 minutes before serving add in a block of cream cheese ad let it melt in. Shred it all up and make burritos with it. YUM!
I usually add in some taco seasoning and diced green chilis for the heck of it also and have used low fat and fat free cream cheese which tastes almost as good and melts just the same. You can use frozen chicken breasts even which makes the sauce thinner, better to serve over rice. I like to add in some cooked rice for my burritos if I use frozen to thicken it up a bit.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
004-1.jpg

This is one of my favorites.. it can be served with mashed taters or over noodles

Smothered Swiss Steak

2 tsp. oil
1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef top round steak , trimmed of steak
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 medium onion halved lengthwise,thinly sliced
1 carrot shredded
1 can (4 oz)mushroom pieces and stems, drained
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce

Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Cut beef into 4 pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Cook 4-6 minutes or until beef is browned,turning once.

Meanwhile,in 3 1/2- 4 quart slow cooker,combine onion,carrot and mushrooms;mix well.

Place browned beef in slow cooker over vegetables. In same skillet, combine soup and tomato sauce;mix well. Pour over beef.

Cover,cook on low setting 8 to 10 hours. Stir sauce well before serving over beef.

*A shortcut... I bought pre chopped onion and carrots

Can't wait to try some of the recipes posted already! I love using the crock pot! :heart:

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Teriyaki Pork Roast

1 boneless pork shoulder (I used a bone in roast it still worked)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
1/3 cup soy sauce (I have to use Kikkoman’s)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water

Cut roast in half (I put three slices through the boned roast leaving the bone joining all). Rub with brown sugar
Place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook o low for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
Strain juices and return to the slow cooker
Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into juices.
Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
Slice pork; serve with gravy.

Yeild:6-8 servings
Source: Taste of Home Magazine January/February 2007

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
1. “Convenient Slow-Cooker Lasagna”
From Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient Favorites (page 157).
1 lb. ground beef
29-oz. can tomato sauce
8-oz. pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 ½ cups cottage cheese
1. Spray the interior of the cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large non-stick skillet. Drain off drippings.
3. Stir in tomato sauce. Mix well.
4. Spread one-fourth of the meat sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker.
5. Arrange one-third of the uncooked noodles over the sauce. (I usually break them up so they fit better.)
6. Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spoon one-third of the cheeses over the noodles.
7. Repeat these layers twice.
8. Top with remaining sauce.
9. Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.

This I'm sharing but it's not the Lasagna I ever make. 1st I always use Ricotta Cheese. and second I make great lasagna in the oven using the recipe below. I don't see any added convenience in making this in the slow cooker.

Lari s No Boil Lasagna

Meat Layer
Brown Italian Sausage
1 small chopped onion
1 can sliced mushrooms in a little olive oil

Cheese Layer
1 lb Mozzarella cheese
1 lb Ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
½ cup Romano Cheese
2 eggs

3 jars spaghetti sauce

1 package non cooked lasagna noodles (you may use less than the whole package if you want it a little lighter, or use all if you want it ‘heavier’).

Layers

Pour one jar sauce in the bottom of a pan. Put one cup water in the jar.
layer of noodles (4 or 5 ) depending on how “heavy” you want it to be.
layer of about half the cheese layer
layer of noodles
layer of half meat
pour another jar of sauce over the meat. Pour the cup of water from other jar in second jar.
Layer of noodles
Layer of cheese
Layer of noodles
Layer of meat
Third jar of sauce Pour the cup of water in this jar, and then pour it around the edges of the lasagna
Seal with foil and cook on a cookie sheet @ 350* for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Remove foil, put a nice layer of mozzarella cheese on top and put back in oven to melt/brown.
Remove from oven and let stand while making garlic bread.

Enjoy

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Another Chicken in a Pot

Page 169 in my Fix it and forget it cookbok

1 lb baby carrots
1 onion diced
14 1/2 oz can green beans (I never used canned beans so would use frozen or fresh canned veggies contain too much sodium)
1 chicken cut into serving sized pieces.
2 tsp. salt (i usually don't cook with salt, we add what we want at the table)
1/2 tsp black pepper (i just grind some on top)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 tsp dried basil

Put carrots, onion and beans on bottom of slow cooker.
Add chicken. Top with s&p, broth and wine. Sprinkle with basil.
cover. cook on low 8-10 hours, or high 3 1/2-5 hours.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Un stuffed cabbage casserole

1bag shredded slaw cabbage (or shred a head of cabbage and a carrot)
1 lb browned ground beef
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup cooked rice
1 jar of your favorite marinera or spaghetti sauce.

Combine all in crockpot cook on low 4-6 hours.
S&P to taste

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crock Pot Beef Stew

3 lbs. stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
1/2 lb. large carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick coins
3 large potatoes, in 1-inch cubes
4 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons flour (or enough to coat meat)
garlic and onion powder (for sprinkling)
1 quart beef stock
1/4 cup ketchup
Sprinkle the beef cubes lightly with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and flour.
This Beef Stew may be made in the Crock-Pot or on the stove top in a large Dutch oven, but for the best results, be sure your Crock-Pot doesn't boil; it should simmer lightly. Boiling will make the beef stringy and dry, will ruin the flavor of the broth and make the vegetables mushy - the results will be like stew from a can. Some Crock-Pots have probes which will allow you to set the desired temperature.

When using a Crock-Pot for beef stew, for extra flavor, brown the floured beef cubes in olive oil before transferring them to the Crock-Pot. Then add all the vegetables at the beginning; set the Crock-Pot to 170-190°F and leave to cook from 5-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.

If using a Dutch oven, add the vegetables during the last 35 minutes of cooking and simmer until tender. Add a few tablespoons of flour at the same time to thicken the gravy, if desired. Extra vegetables can be added if you have them on hand. Turnips, corn, sweet potatoes, and green beans are all wonderful additions. A pinch of thyme and basil and bay leaf can be added, too.

From cooks.com Submitted by: CM

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.