Oil Painting went wrong

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I asked a very good friend of mine if her dad would paint a portrait of my dog . He agreed, to do it. Up front he said, if I didn't like it he would do it for free. Ok , I agreed no written documents I trusted him. Her dad called to say it is finished and I come see it and he will have his daughter (my friend ) take a pic and text me.

When I got the text, I noticed Pork chop how beautiful she looked. My mom noticed it was different scenery. I didn't get mad it would make matters worse. I kept calm and asked what happened to the beach? He explained to me oceans were difficult to paint and he went ahead with his own idea. I wish, he would have consulted me first to explain and I would understand. I am feeling like pleased with her outcome but wish it was the beach. Any comfort is welcomed .
233591c3f55cbcb465730014d90ee8c3.jpg
6f88a9c627dc3cbf436c02e0e63720be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm an art major, and I paint as a hobby. For me personally a beach scene is one of the easiest things to paint, but everyone has their own opinions. Maybe he's just more comfortable w/the mountains… Lol It's a great pic and he seemed to capture your baby perfectly ;)

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm an art major, and I paint as a hobby. For me personally a beach scene is one of the easiest things to paint, but everyone has their own opinions. Maybe he's just more comfortable w/the mountains… Lol It's a great pic and he seemed to capture your baby perfectly ;)
I agree, he did an amazing job on my baby. True, maybe some people have their opinions. I know zero about art lol when I gave him an 8 x 10 photo as he request, can't understand why he said I wasn't clear. He said, I didn't have to pay if I didn't like before he painted. I am looking at the bright side he painted her perfectly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I love them both.... the photo is awesome, I would be framing that one (beach) --- and I agree he did capture your baby totally

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
He did a wonderful job with Pork Chop! You could ask him to paint over the back ground, and do away with the tree, and put some grass, iif you really are not happy with it.
But Pork Chop looks great, and that of most importance! The beach scene is beautiful, and at least you have the photo and can frame that!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
He captured Pork Chop quite beautifully in the oil painting. I can see why you'd be disappointed in the sudden change of background w/out him telling you first but I do think it's a beautiful painting overall.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone [emoji257]I am very touched of the outcome of miss Porkchop to keep me feeling pleased of the artwork.
Just that I told friends and family about it and when they see different scenery, how do I explain? My mom burst out laughing and asked me what happened to the beach? She said Porkchop is at the desert not the beach. Oh boy[emoji19]

luvmytuker

Jan 10, 2015
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
The most important is how good Porkchop looks in the portrait!!! Maybe say how extremely thrilled you are and leave the brown bottom and take the tree out and have the blue sky.... Uuugh! It's hard because you remember the time and place, and the picture is not what you have in your memory.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree with the beach scene but must admit I am partial to the beach, that picture and the painting are fantastic!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It looks good to me. :)

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to get it eventually, because Pork Chop looks fantastic. I learned a valuable lesson, make things clear.

Thank you everyone to help me be more positive in this situation☺

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I love them both.... the photo is awesome, I would be framing that one (beach) --- and I agree he did capture your baby totally
I will do that ☺

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He captured Pork Chop quite beautifully in the oil painting. I can see why you'd be disappointed in the sudden change of background w/out him telling you first but I do think it's a beautiful painting overall.
Thank you😊

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I think its a great painting but I see where your coming from too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.