Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cesar Milan?

[QUOTE=Texas Carol;594787]
    Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    Miss Pork Chop is my first dog. I adopted her in Dec 2013. I grabbed any advice , technique and learning tools to help me with issues we had in the past. In a nutshell , it took Porkchop a year to finally realize this is her home and I am her new mommy.

The outcome she's the most loving dog and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

I learned how to be the leader of the pack through Cesar on YouTube . I struggled with Porkchop listening to me. I firmly , say No! Getting her used to me saying No! Took practice it was not an overnight success.

I figured socializing Porkchop will be challenging at the same time , I don't want to put other dogs at risk bec Porkchop doesn't like other dogs. Whoever had her before me never socialized her when she was a puppy. I am ok with it if we don't go to doggie parks. When we do go to the doggie park she has to be the only one. Here at my place we wait until it's clear and go. She loves to sniff around and act the queen bee lol

How wonderful to see this post from you and catch up on
    Pork Chop. You've done a great job, hanging in there with
    her issues. Most bulldogs are difficult for the 1st time dog
    owner and adopted ones that are problematic?...HIDE, lol

I so admire & respect you, big hugs to y'all <3
    I faced a lot of challenges and worked very hard with her. Hahaha problematic it was in the beginning things are much better. Except when it comes to ear drops she gets mad. Of course, isn't it a typical dog thing lol

Thank you, I like to encourage others not to give up on their dog. It's rewarding at the end to watch how they blossomed. They can go from being a meanie to the sweetest dog ever.

2. Likes binxrexchubbs liked this post
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boris Bullski
    Likes (Received)

He's a great teacher and has taught tons of people to be confident around their dogs and master of their pack. I will agree that his methods are not for everyone, but if you're able to see your dog as a dog and not a human it should be much easier to follow his practices. I was brought in a house that breed Labradors and I've been using a lot of the alpha techniques since I was a child and will stand behind them 100%.

I will say that Bulldogs are much more work and Boris has been the toughest pup I've worked with. He does a great job with me around, but the second I'm gone he does what he wants and nothing else... He isn't aggressive or anything, but he'll just sit and stare at you thinking "silly human". This really upsets my girlfriend so we've hired a trainer to come out and help... (I'm waiting to say I told you so )

Glad to hear an update on Chubbs and hope your kitty feels better!

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I think you did the right thing re-homing Chubbs, sometimes things just don't work out no matter how hard we try or want it to Nothing says it will be the same if you get another dog... the chances are it will go great cos now you know how things can go wrong

I have a house full of dog issues so you are not alone having problems. I do think many of Cesar's methods works but it's not for every person or every dog, we're all different and a person who's scared wont be able to pull of what he's doing. Also, even Cesar has said bulldogs are very difficult
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

6. Likes binxrexchubbs, bullmama liked this post
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    I think you did the right thing re-homing Chubbs, sometimes things just don't work out no matter how hard we try or want it to Nothing says it will be the same if you get another dog... the chances are it will go great cos now you know how things can go wrong

I have a house full of dog issues so you are not alone having problems. I do think many of Cesar's methods works but it's not for every person or every dog, we're all different and a person who's scared wont be able to pull of what he's doing. Also, even Cesar has said bulldogs are very difficult
    Thanks. I hear Chubbs is doing really well and have LOTS of pix. When I get a chance later, I'll post them.

8. Likes bullmama, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    Thanks. I hear Chubbs is doing really well and have LOTS of pix. When I get a chance later, I'll post them.
    That is great to hear must be so nice for you to be able to keep up with what's going on in his life
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

10. Likes binxrexchubbs, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads