Dream about my horse...

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I debated on even sharing this...I don't want to come off as crazy. BUT I figured if anyone could understand it would be you guys since we are all animal lovers. As many of you know, last month I had to say goodbye to my 25 year old horse, Bleu. He was my best friend for 15 years and not a day goes by that I don't cry about him. It's been a very difficult loss and I've struggled with how he passed. He went downhill very quickly (less than 2 weeks) and he had to be euthanized before I was able to get to him. That has really haunted me and led to a lot of guilt. Anyways, last night I had a very vivid dream. I was in a HUGE gorgeous stable. There were large windows and tons of light. The wood was polished mahogany and there were gorgeous iron type accents. The floor was a dark red brick. See what I mean about vivid? I NEVER remember dreams like this. Anyways, Bleu was in a large stall. Probably two or three the times of an average stall. He was sleek and very muscular just like he was in his prime. His mane was long in life but now it was even longer and completely tangle free. I always struggled with keeping it brushed out. The most amazing thing though was that he was laying down. I was able to go to him and pet him and tell him how much I loved him. He was completely peaceful and happy. Peace was an overwhelming emotion. I leaned my head against him and cried...I woke up crying. Today finally I've had peace about his passing. I am a Christian and I completely believe in Heaven. It's weird because I always imagined horses running free in Heaven but I think the stall is very significant here. See, Bleu was severely abused before I got him. He was locked in a tiny dirty stall and starved literally to death. He was hours away from dying when he was rescued. For the rest of his life he HATED stalls. He wouldn't go near one and got anxious anytime he had to be confined. He would trailer fine, but anything else was stressful. The fact that I saw him laying down at peace in a stall proved to me that he is completely happy and okay. Some may say it's just a dream and that may be the case. BUT I choose to believe that sometimes our animals let us know that they are okay and waiting for us. I hope this helps anyone who has lost a friend. I'm convinced now more than ever that we will see them again. :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@OliviaB I truly believe that Bleu knew you were feeling guilt because he could not wait for you. That was his way of letting you know that he is okay,no pain, and I think the significance of the stall is that all his pain and fears are gone and he is free of them and wanted you to be free of guilt.
Reading this brought tears to me, as I have dreams almost every night, of my lost loved ones, that are so vivid.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you for sharing this… I absolutely believe that we will see our loved ones (skin and fur) someday, and I'm SO glad that you are now able to move on in peace. Bleu was so very lucky that you rescued him…

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, thank you for sharing this dream with us, Olivia.
Can hardly type this out thru my tears but I've been crying
out to GOD a lot lately, for myself and on behalf of a great
many friends. Just beaten up w/the suffering, loss & struggles
of wonderful, undeserving people and the horrific abuse of
animals more every day. Wasn't getting any answers or comfort
and feeling abandoned a lot and asking GOD...Why?...just this
morning. Wondering if I should keep sharing my faith if it was
questioning & floundering, I can't be a hypocrite or a liar.

Sharing your dream with us (with me), I feel IS my answer from
GOD.

Thank you, Olivia, and thank you for rescuing Bleu and giving him
so many years of healing, unconditional love and the best care.
Your love for him and his love for you pierces my heart with joy
and thankfulness as it is the extreme opposite of the animal abuse
going on that's breaking my heart & spirit so often these days.

I also believe GOD shared this dream with you to thank you for
doing the right thing for Bleu, for providing well for him the rest
of his life...Wow! you are indeed, mightily & awesomely blessed
and you passed it right along to us...thank you.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I truly believe it was Bleu telling you he is happy and at peace. The people left behind mourn the loss of a loved one, but what we fail to remember, is that our loved ones have gone on to eternal happiness. They are no longer sick or scared. Bleu came and gave you the peace of mind you needed just like you gave to him when he needed it. God bless you both.

OP
OliviaB

OliviaB

Feb 18, 2015
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Belle
I'm so glad this has helped some of you. I really debated on sharing it but I was hopeful that someone else could get comfort from it too. I called my Mom and told her about it and she started bawling at work. My mom is not a horse person....in fact before Bleu came along she was terrified of horses. Bleu loved women and was always a perfect gentleman. He was gentle and steady and helped my Mom overcome her fear. She took his passing almost as hard as I did. Mom said that she's been praying for a sign that he's okay so she was overwhelmed when I told her about the dream. Today I've felt lighter than I have in weeks. I'm still sad and he will be missed for the rest of my life, but I have hope now in knowing that he's okay and he's waiting for me :)

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Got me in tears over here. I truly believe in this kind of dream. My best friends cousin passed away tragically in a farming accident and a week later he came to her in a dream. She can't really even talk about it much... but I know it was comforting to her as well. Thank you for sharing.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm glad you shared your dream with us too, Olivia. I too believe that we'll see our loved ones who have passed away, in Heaven. A few yrs ago when I was at a very low point in my life mourning the death of my parents, I dreamed the 3 of us were together again, holding hands and smiling. Like your dream about Bleu, it was so very vivid and to this day, I can still see that picture in my mind, believing it was a sign from them telling me that everything will be okay. That dream helped me have some peace in my life as well.

Thanku for sharing and most importantly, for loving Bleu and giving him a truly wonderful, loving home with you.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Thank you for sharing. Messages from the other side always comes in a dream. He is communicating to you that he is at a very peaceful place.

:2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for sharing this beautiful dream.... brought me to tears! He came to let you know he was safe and happy

Members online

No members online now.