brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My whole world was turned upside down. I know that many of the members here have gone through this, but what I learned from this past weekend is to live every day like it is your last because it very well could be. I was on vacation this past week and when I returned this past Friday, I received the devastating news that my friend had suffered a brain aneurysm while I was in New Orleans. Nobody wanted to tell me while I was on vacation and I am thankful that they waited. He survived the initial rupture and surgery but doctors are saying extensive brain damage and very slim chance of survival. He was due to retire this summer and now will never get the chance. The only comfort that can come from this is that he really took every vacation he could, and really enjoyed his beautiful wife and kids. He wasn't really a dog person, which I forgave him for, and he tolerated my many bully stories and pictures. I am heartbroken that I left for vacation with my friend alive and well and came back to total devastation. Please, Please hug your loved ones, and let the little things go. Don't put anything off thinking you will have time to do it. Go out and have fun any chance you get. Please do this in memory of my dear friend Jimmy. :*(

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Prayers for him, and for his family, and you as well Rosalie. This is constant reminder to tell those you love everyday how much you love them, and never leave anything on bad terms.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry, Rosalie! The suddenness is always so hard to deal with ---- prayers to Jimmy, you and his family

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You are so right. That is how I lost my husband. Out to dinner on Friday night, making funeral plans on Sat. Gone in an instant. My husband was going to retire in 3 months.
Live everyday as if it is your last, and be grateful for what and who you have. A friend had the same thing-he made it to surgery. He has been in a bed, being tube fed,totally helpless for the past 9 years.Can't even speak. I am so sorry for you your friend, and his family. All you can do is thank God that you had the times with him,try to dwell on the good you had with him, and that he truly loved his wife and family. Honestly, knowing the existence my friend has(my son takes care of him) I would pray for the family,that the man does not make it-that is NOT a life anyone would want to live. I miss my husband so, but when I see David, I know my husband(nor anyone else) would not want to exist like that. I am truly sorry Rosalie [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
You are so right. That is how I lost my husband. Out to dinner on Friday night, making funeral plans on Sat. Gone in an instant. My husband was going to retire in 3 months.
Live everyday as if it is your last, and be grateful for what and who you have. A friend had the same thing-he made it to surgery. He has been in a bed, being tube fed,totally helpless for the past 9 years.Can't even speak. I am so sorry for you your friend, and his family. All you can do is thank God that you had the times with him,try to dwell on the good you had with him, and that he truly loved his wife and family. Honestly, knowing the existence my friend has(my son takes care of him) I would pray for the family,that the man does not make it-that is NOT a life anyone would want to live. I miss my husband so, but when I see David, I know my husband(nor anyone else) would not want to exist like that. I am truly sorry Rosalie @brutus77
I agree with you Lynn. That is not the kind of existence he would want. I thought of you and Carol as I typed this.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear about your friend, and you are so right, live life to the fullest because you never know when it is your time.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
oh rosalie thats sad, prayers and hugs sent your way!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend Jimmy :( One of my hubby's friends wife died of an aneurism and it was absolutely awful… her kids were very young, and her hubby had just returned from a war zone. I remember that day so clearly, it just happened so fast… It makes you realize how each day is a gift, and we need to enjoy each moment.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Yes, we are all on borrowed time, so we need to remind ourselves that we should not take it for granted and we should live our life to the fullest as nobody knows until when it last.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I'm sorry to hear about your friend Rosalie. My thoughts are with you. Life is too short.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is so sad :cry: Sending prayers and thoughts to all of you :heart:

📰 Latest posts