Hawaii Puppy Mills

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
At least they are trying to do something .... it's so sad that somebody has it in their heart to do something like this in the first place!! :*(

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Always happy to see people trying to make animal welfare laws tougher. But like kazzy said, its so sad that there is such a problem with it in the first place :(

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I never would have thought about Hawaii as a place where you'd find puppy mills. But then, it does make sense, now that you mentioned it, with the quarentine laws, I bet there are those who try to take advantage. Glad to hear they're getting this changed!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think maybe the whole world has been starting to open their eyes on animal cruelty, over this past year I have seen some positive changes in puppy mill and breeding laws. Missouri made some huge changes- no breeder can have more than 50 dogs- yep I said 50- which is better than the hundreds they had before!!!!

Hopefully this will continue to provide improvements for pets all over the country. But I still want to see the government step in and stop the importers from shipping whole puppy mill litters!!! :angry:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
One down, about a dozen more to go Crackdown vowed on animal cruelty - Hawaii News - Staradvertiser.com

I know the lawyer Bakke is just doing his job, but what an idiot... IMO

This quote right here proves that the lawyer is not being an idiot because he's being the lawyer.... he's just an IDIOT!!!! The man needs a slap! :guns:

Becker's lawyer, Victor Bakke, called the Humane Society's seizure Monday as "overzealous."
"They're filthy but these are not household animals," he said, calling them "breeding machines." "They are equivalent to farm animals. They're being housed, fed and bred, and that's basically all that's required."

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online