Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Here are a couple of photos of the corn field (and anything else...) destroyers, that my neighbor got today!
Aren't they lovely?

hog1.png hog2.png We are overrun with these lovelies.:w00t:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG Lynn… I don't think we have those here in my town. That would scare me to death… LMAO!!! :fie:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'm such a city girl. I didn't even know what I was looking at until I saw the pic was named "hog"..
And what do you mean "overrun"? These things aren't on farms? They just roam????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:faint: OMG .... i watched a special about them on NatGeo a few months ago and it said they are dangerous and very destructive

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm such a city girl. I didn't even know what I was looking at until I saw the pic was named "hog"..
And what do you mean "overrun"? These things aren't on farms? They just roam????

yes they are wild

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION]
Yes, they are wild boar(hogs) and they are becoming a danger to crops, they will eat anything, They multiply so fast, having sometimes 15 babies. They will attack if cornered, They are overrunning the states, certainly the south. People do eat the meat-but I could never. If you were in a pen with them, and you fell down-they would eat you,too. [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] If there are mountains, or alot of woods anywhere in your area, they are there! A fella' I know in Tx., and his buddies hunt them on mules, and they all have Plott hounds to help. They use Plotts here too.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
@nycbullymama
Yes, they are wild boar(hogs) and they are becoming a danger to crops, they will eat anything, They multiply so fast, having sometimes 15 babies. They will attack if cornered, They are overrunning the states, certainly the south. People do eat the meat-but I could never. If you were in a pen with them, and you fell down-they would eat you,too. @ddnene If there are mountains, or alot of woods anywhere in your area, they are there! A fella' I know in Tx., and his buddies hunt them on mules, and they all have Plott hounds to help. They use Plotts here too.

the meat though a tad gamy should not be all that diff. From pork, I would think. C'mon Lynn, pork barbecue, I mean wild boar barbeque

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh man. Can I have a slab of bacon and some fresh ground? Harlea absolutely love wild hog/boar.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I had wild boar at an authentic Polish wedding once. It was delicious, didn't taste like pork at all. Then I came home and told my jewish dad how good it was. His answer, "I know" lol..

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
A lot of farmers and ranchers are paying big bucks in Texas for each feral hog people remove from the population. Their numbers are running rampant right now.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Wild boar is very tasty roasted, I wasn't kidding. Wish I could get it here.

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey city girl-get your gun and come on down-plenty of it here! We will make you into "Country mama". [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] You are in Texas-get you some!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.