Texas Trail Riders!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It's Rodeo time here in Houston, TX - just wanted to share the trail riders going by just now. Took these shots from my building hence the window reflections, but gosh these horses are just so beautiful, love it!!

12783c72c24da0a7be05bb19f9a3217e.jpg
d7045c94574470f2de19b46f8d39e898.jpg
36fac2c8266763ffa5dbbf67145b0862.jpg
bc078c512250a8bdecdf7a39ea96b313.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I will be there Friday through Sunday next week as my daughter is showing in the livestock show. I will most likely be at the cook off tonight as well.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I will be there Friday through Sunday next week as my daughter is showing in the livestock show. I will most likely be at the cook off tonight as well.

How fun!! I love the livestock show, I'm pretty sure we are going next week too, don't know which day yet. I am on the hunt for some cookoff tics for tomorrow night! What animal is she showing? Is it through FFA?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, Jessica, great pics too!

I love horses and used to ride, great memories :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
She is showing breeding and meat pen Californian rabbits for FFA. Her breeder buck took 9th place at the district show so we will see.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you, Jessica, great pics too!

I love horses and used to ride, great memories :)

Thanks :) Ever since moving to TX - I have been so fascinated by the Rodeo. Its def not something I ever saw on the east coast. The horses are so beautiful. I love going to the livestock show and seeing all the animals. I just melt. :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Wow, that looks like so much fun. The horses are beautiful. I love the nostalgia of the covered wagons and all.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She is showing breeding and meat pen Californian rabbits for FFA. Her breeder buck took 9th place at the district show so we will see.

Good Luck to her!! My co-workers grand-daughter is showing a pig :) I love going to see the pigs there, I laugh at how much they resemble bulldogs, hahaha when they are laid on their side, showing their big ol' bellies.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Wow, that looks like so much fun. The horses are beautiful. I love the nostalgia of the covered wagons and all.

Rosalie - You should have seen my reaction when I first moved to TX and saw this happening, right next to the freeway. I said, Oh hell, they really do ride horses to work in TX" - - talk about culture shock coming from NY. Haha.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Good Luck to her!! My co-workers grand-daughter is showing a pig :) I love going to see the pigs there, I laugh at how much they resemble bulldogs, hahaha when they are laid on their side, showing their big ol' bellies.
Thank you. The real fun part comes if you make it to auction. I am thinking about buying a steer this time around but it all depends on the auction prices.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosalie - You should have seen my reaction when I first moved to TX and saw this happening, right next to the freeway. I said, Oh hell, they really do ride horses to work in TX" - - talk about culture shock coming from NY. Haha.
Jessica, I am sitting at work looking at your pics laughing because I am showing everyone the pics saying, can you believe they actually do this on main roads?? In NY they would be beeping and cursing! lol

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Jessica, I am sitting at work looking at your pics laughing because I am showing everyone the pics saying, can you believe they actually do this on main roads?? In NY they would be beeping and cursing! lol

LOL oh trust me I know!!! It was the weirdest thing to me... I couldn't believe it. Everyone here says not to honk - bc it will spook the horses. I said oh hell, they wouldn't make it less than a minute back home!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

I am LMBO as I can't imagine the shock, it is nothing in smaller TX
towns to see someone riding on an off road, saw one not very long
ago and just smiled ;)

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL oh trust me I know!!! It was the weirdest thing to me... I couldn't believe it. Everyone here says not to honk - bc it will spook the horses. I said oh hell, they wouldn't make it less than a minute back home!

what part of NY are you from?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Thank you for posting those pictures!! I was lucky enough to show in Houston for a couple of years, and I loved it! Even won Grand Champ in our division! It sure brought back some wonderful memories for me! The pictures actually gave me goose bumps! I have always loved Texas,and I miss going to the shows.
Thanks again for posting!!!:yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.