OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
To be honest if i had it to do all over again I would spend the money on a good induction cook top with a convection oven. Everone that I have ever used has been fantastic compared to normal gas/electric ranges... The only draw back is that you have to use pots and pan that will work with induction and not you cheapy stuff.

That's the thing, the cookware.. is it expensive? readily available? I wanna keep it simple...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The kitchen is open and leads into the living room. For the most part, the colors are going to be neutral. Also I'm not getting cabinets, just back splash in a light gray subway glass tile. The house has a very large pantry so I don't need the wall mounted cabinets.

Everything else, well the fridge and sink are going to be in a stainless steel/slate color. So not quite a steel color, it's a little warmer.

Only thing that would have color would be the oven..lol.. But that's my idea for now and I need to incorporate an island. Not sure of what kind yet.

First pic is of the tile, second is the laminate flooring, 3rd pic is how the floor looks in a room.

I'm going for industrial/rustic.

If you guys happen to see an island that you think would work, let me know.

I beyond LOVE that floor.... great taste!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I beyond LOVE that floor.... great taste!

Me too!! Thank you!

The floor is from Lowe's. As soon as I saw it I wanted it. It looks great in person too. And the price is really good which allows me to splurge on something else, like the deceptively simple looking backsplash that costs more than I wanted to spend. GRRR!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That's the thing, the cookware.. is it expensive? readily available? I wanna keep it simple...
Yes it is. Just depends on what you are looking for. Baisc sets run a few hundred or some crazy sets for a few thousand.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Great!! Thanks everyone, I'm sold on gas/gas.

I'm thinking I'm going to splurge a bit on the kitchen and I want a nice bright oven..lol.. went looking a few weeks ago and saw this.
Really loved it in the 36" version.

What do you guys think of the red color? and be honest please. View attachment 84178

You will be the source of all my kitchen jealousy!!! That is beautiful. I'm renting right now and the house had a junk stove/oven. When we buy, I will be getting that stove or something VERY similar. I love red accents in kitchens. That oven is to DIE for! Great taste!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
The kitchen is open and leads into the living room. For the most part, the colors are going to be neutral. Also I'm not getting cabinets, just back splash in a light gray subway glass tile. The house has a very large pantry so I don't need the wall mounted cabinets.

Everything else, well the fridge and sink are going to be in a stainless steel/slate color. So not quite a steel color, it's a little warmer.

Only thing that would have color would be the oven..lol.. But that's my idea for now and I need to incorporate an island. Not sure of what kind yet.

First pic is of the tile, second is the laminate flooring, 3rd pic is how the floor looks in a room.

I'm going for industrial/rustic.

If you guys happen to see an island that you think would work, let me know.

What type of island are you thinking about? Stationary? On wheels? Large with a build in sink or just something for extra storage and a chopping block???

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You will be the source of all my kitchen jealousy!!! That is beautiful. I'm renting right now and the house had a junk stove/oven. When we buy, I will be getting that stove or something VERY similar. I love red accents in kitchens. That oven is to DIE for! Great taste!

Thank you. I also love red accents. The stove actually comes in different finishes. I saw it in a gorgeous Blue too.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yes it is. Just depends on what you are looking for. Baisc sets run a few hundred or some crazy sets for a few thousand.

yeah see, that's the thing.. it's still not as common as the gas ranges. think i'm gonna wait until it's more common and the cookware drops in prices.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Thank you. I also love red accents. The stove actually comes in different finishes. I saw it in a gorgeous Blue too.

That's funny that you mentioned blue because I was going to say "the next best color would be blue" haha. I personally like my appliances, utensils, pots, and pans to have a flare of color with the walls being a little more neutral. I love the rustic industrial look. I don't have a creative bone in my body so I appreciate the creativity of other immensely and I LOVE the rustic/industrial design you have chosen. I couldn't create something like that if you gave me all the money and time in the world!!!! I don't have a big family but I LOVE any type of cooking, baking, grilling...you name it. My hubby is a diesel mechanic and he always says, " you're only as good as your tools." I give him that same pitch when it comes time to replace things in the kitchen;).

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
What type of island are you thinking about? Stationary? On wheels? Large with a build in sink or just something for extra storage and a chopping block???

No sink, and I want it to be stationary. Extra storage on one side, and bar stools on the other. On the side, I wanna keep the dog food bowls. Something like these..

View attachment 84184View attachment 84185

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That's funny that you mentioned blue because I was going to say "the next best color would be blue" haha. I personally like my appliances, utensils, pots, and pans to have a flare of color with the walls being a little more neutral. I love the rustic industrial look. I don't have a creative bone in my body so I appreciate the creativity of other immensely and I LOVE the rustic/industrial design you have chosen. I couldn't create something like that if you gave me all the money and time in the world!!!! I don't have a big family but I LOVE any type of cooking, baking, grilling...you name it. My hubby is a diesel mechanic and he always says, " you're only as good as your tools." I give him that same pitch when it comes time to replace things in the kitchen;).

Thank you.. I've been going out a lot and looking. Also Houzzz has definitely given me ideas.

When it's time for you to design yours, you'll be amazed at what you'll come up.

There's a place that does custom kitchens here and that's where I saw the oven.. i nearly fell over.. all of a sudden I needed it. But came on here to get opinions on gas vs electric first. Glad so many prefer gas.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Hill-Country-Modern-Austin-Texas-Kitchen-Island-Breakfast-Bar.jpg
Rustic-Homemade-Kitchen-Islands-3.jpg
So much fun! Yup, I have never had a gas stove of my own but every cooking woman has always told me to go for gas when it was time to get a stove. Glass tops are a nightmare. Especially for Mexican cooking haha (yes, I am Mexican and I can say it). I would have to take a razor to it every night and it was a "soak, sit, scrub" process. Not fun!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hill-Country-Modern-Austin-Texas-Kitchen-Island-Breakfast-Bar.jpg
Rustic-Homemade-Kitchen-Islands-3.jpg
So much fun!

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.. I love that island!! omg, gorgeous and the color's perfect. saved the pic..lol would you mind pm'ing me where you saw it? I think I know but can't find it..

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.. I love that island!! omg, gorgeous and the color's perfect. saved the pic..lol would you mind pm'ing me where you saw it? I think I know but can't find it..

OMG I LOVE THAT… but white cabinets would NOT work w/kids. Gotta get rid of these DARN kids… Lol

Most Reactions