OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh that stinksā€¦ I know what you are saying though, EVERYBODY sells sushi!!! I have a good friend here who is originally from Thailand, and she introduced me to this place. She also introduced me to Thai food which is amazingā€¦

Yeah, not a fan of Thai either..lol.. Hubs on the other hands loves it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Gas oven? (the stove top's gonna be gas)
I was wondering if there's really a difference between electric convection or gas convection.
There is a huge difference between gas and electric. I have gas and I love it. Gas, in my opinion cooks better and more evenly. Convection just cooks things faster. I do not have convection and I am ok. I love to cook. The thing you should be looking at is how many burners and such. If you are going to be entertaining and cooking alot, then go for a stove with alot of burners on the cook top. I also have a grill on mine and I love love love it. Also, in my opinion, if you have to have electric (no gas supply) stay away from glass tops. They are a pain in the you know what to clean and look messy alot.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
There is a huge difference between gas and electric. I have gas and I love it. Gas, in my opinion cooks better and more evenly. Convection just cooks things faster. I do not have convection and I am ok. I love to cook. The thing you should be looking at is how many burners and such. If you are going to be entertaining and cooking alot, then go for a stove with alot of burners on the cook top. I also have a grill on mine and I love love love it. Also, in my opinion, if you have to have electric (no gas supply) stay away from glass tops. They are a pain in the you know what to clean and look messy alot.

It's so interesting to me that you think gas cooks better and more evenly. I keep reading that's what electric is supposed to do. But your first hand experience trumps anything I read. Good to know, thanks.
I absolutely want a grill. I was also thinking 4 burners should be enough even with family and friends over. I'm not a huge cook so anything more than that would be wasted on me.

My parents have a glass top in Florida. My mom doesn't like it. Regrets getting it.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's so interesting to me that you think gas cooks better and more evenly. I keep reading that's what electric is supposed to do. But your first hand experience trumps anything I read. Good to know, thanks.
I absolutely want a grill. I was also thinking 4 burners should be enough even with family and friends over. I'm not a huge cook so anything more than that would be wasted on me.

My parents have a glass top in Florida. My mom doesn't like it. Regrets getting it.
Everyone I know that has glass top regrets it. I had electric growing up and I have had gas for the last 25yrs and really prefer gas. No gas jokes [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I grew up with gas... went to electric while renting and HATED it.. can not regulate the temp and things tend to burn or over cook. With my new house I went gas/convection all in one (GE) and I love it. With gas you can easily regulate the temp without waiting for the burn to cool down (electric)... as soon as the flame is lower the temp in the pot changes

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Great!! Thanks everyone, I'm sold on gas/gas.

I'm thinking I'm going to splurge a bit on the kitchen and I want a nice bright oven..lol.. went looking a few weeks ago and saw this.
Really loved it in the 36" version.

What do you guys think of the red color? and be honest please. View attachment 84178

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I'm thinking I'm going to splurge a bit on the kitchen and I want a nice bright oven..lol.. went looking a few weeks ago and saw this.

What do you guys think of the red color? and be honest please. View attachment 84178

LOVE it! Not something I would do as I like to be able to change things up a lot... so I go neutral a lot and then change room decor

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I know what you mean, I was also kinda wondering. Still not 100% sold on the color.
But I figure since it's not our primary residence, I can go a little funky and won't get sick of it too soon.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Everyone I know that has glass top regrets it. I had electric growing up and I have had gas for the last 25yrs and really prefer gas. No gas jokes @Chumley!

I agree w/Rosalie, the glass tops are a mistake!!! IF you ever have a spill on top it's impossible to get it offā€¦ GAS is the way to go!!!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] you guys convinced me- I'm getting gas............. :fart: :D...lol..

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I DO like the red, very nice!!! I agree w/Christine thoughā€¦ we did stainless steel w/all the appliances and I go color w/the paint and accessories. Stainless is a damn nightmare to clean though, maybe if I could just get rid of the kidsā€¦ Lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I DO like the red, very nice!!! I agree w/Christine thoughā€¦ we did stainless steel w/all the appliances and I go color w/the paint and accessories. Stainless is a damn nightmare to clean though, maybe if I could just get rid of the kidsā€¦ Lol

They have fingerprint proof stainless now....

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I love the red but honestly, I would go neutral on the appliances and do color with the room. appliances cost a small fortune and you have to think about resale as well. not everyone will want a red stove. what color would the rest of the appliances be?

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The kitchen is open and leads into the living room. For the most part, the colors are going to be neutral. Also I'm not getting cabinets, just back splash in a light gray subway glass tile. The house has a very large pantry so I don't need the wall mounted cabinets.

Everything else, well the fridge and sink are going to be in a stainless steel/slate color. So not quite a steel color, it's a little warmer.

Only thing that would have color would be the oven..lol.. But that's my idea for now and I need to incorporate an island. Not sure of what kind yet.

First pic is of the tile, second is the laminate flooring, 3rd pic is how the floor looks in a room.

I'm going for industrial/rustic.

If you guys happen to see an island that you think would work, let me know.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
To be honest if i had it to do all over again I would spend the money on a good induction cook top with a convection oven. Everone that I have ever used has been fantastic compared to normal gas/electric ranges... The only draw back is that you have to use pots and pan that will work with induction and not you cheapy stuff.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.