Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 45

Thread: Let's talk Ovens!

  1. #25
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    @ddnene you guys convinced me- I'm getting gas............. ...lol..


  2. #26
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5587

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    Great!! Thanks everyone, I'm sold on gas/gas.

    I'm thinking I'm going to splurge a bit on the kitchen and I want a nice bright oven..lol.. went looking a few weeks ago and saw this.
    Really loved it in the 36" version.

    What do you guys think of the red color? and be honest please. Attachment 84178
    I DO like the red, very nice!!! I agree w/Christine though… we did stainless steel w/all the appliances and I go color w/the paint and accessories. Stainless is a damn nightmare to clean though, maybe if I could just get rid of the kids… Lol

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  3. #27
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11518

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I DO like the red, very nice!!! I agree w/Christine though… we did stainless steel w/all the appliances and I go color w/the paint and accessories. Stainless is a damn nightmare to clean though, maybe if I could just get rid of the kids… Lol
    They have fingerprint proof stainless now....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  4. #28
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    I love the red but honestly, I would go neutral on the appliances and do color with the room. appliances cost a small fortune and you have to think about resale as well. not everyone will want a red stove. what color would the rest of the appliances be?
    My smooshy face boy!

  5. #29
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    The kitchen is open and leads into the living room. For the most part, the colors are going to be neutral. Also I'm not getting cabinets, just back splash in a light gray subway glass tile. The house has a very large pantry so I don't need the wall mounted cabinets.

    Everything else, well the fridge and sink are going to be in a stainless steel/slate color. So not quite a steel color, it's a little warmer.

    Only thing that would have color would be the oven..lol.. But that's my idea for now and I need to incorporate an island. Not sure of what kind yet.

    First pic is of the tile, second is the laminate flooring, 3rd pic is how the floor looks in a room.

    I'm going for industrial/rustic.

    If you guys happen to see an island that you think would work, let me know.


  6. #30
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    To be honest if i had it to do all over again I would spend the money on a good induction cook top with a convection oven. Everone that I have ever used has been fantastic compared to normal gas/electric ranges... The only draw back is that you have to use pots and pan that will work with induction and not you cheapy stuff.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  7. #31
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    To be honest if i had it to do all over again I would spend the money on a good induction cook top with a convection oven. Everone that I have ever used has been fantastic compared to normal gas/electric ranges... The only draw back is that you have to use pots and pan that will work with induction and not you cheapy stuff.
    That's the thing, the cookware.. is it expensive? readily available? I wanna keep it simple...


  8. #32
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,183
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11518

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    The kitchen is open and leads into the living room. For the most part, the colors are going to be neutral. Also I'm not getting cabinets, just back splash in a light gray subway glass tile. The house has a very large pantry so I don't need the wall mounted cabinets.

    Everything else, well the fridge and sink are going to be in a stainless steel/slate color. So not quite a steel color, it's a little warmer.

    Only thing that would have color would be the oven..lol.. But that's my idea for now and I need to incorporate an island. Not sure of what kind yet.

    First pic is of the tile, second is the laminate flooring, 3rd pic is how the floor looks in a room.

    I'm going for industrial/rustic.

    If you guys happen to see an island that you think would work, let me know.


    I beyond LOVE that floor.... great taste!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  9. #33
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I beyond LOVE that floor.... great taste!
    Me too!! Thank you!

    The floor is from Lowe's. As soon as I saw it I wanted it. It looks great in person too. And the price is really good which allows me to splurge on something else, like the deceptively simple looking backsplash that costs more than I wanted to spend. GRRR!!


  10. #34
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    That's the thing, the cookware.. is it expensive? readily available? I wanna keep it simple...
    Yes it is. Just depends on what you are looking for. Baisc sets run a few hundred or some crazy sets for a few thousand.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  11. #35
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    Great!! Thanks everyone, I'm sold on gas/gas.

    I'm thinking I'm going to splurge a bit on the kitchen and I want a nice bright oven..lol.. went looking a few weeks ago and saw this.
    Really loved it in the 36" version.

    What do you guys think of the red color? and be honest please. Attachment 84178
    You will be the source of all my kitchen jealousy!!! That is beautiful. I'm renting right now and the house had a junk stove/oven. When we buy, I will be getting that stove or something VERY similar. I love red accents in kitchens. That oven is to DIE for! Great taste!

  12. #36
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Let's talk Ovens!

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    The kitchen is open and leads into the living room. For the most part, the colors are going to be neutral. Also I'm not getting cabinets, just back splash in a light gray subway glass tile. The house has a very large pantry so I don't need the wall mounted cabinets.

    Everything else, well the fridge and sink are going to be in a stainless steel/slate color. So not quite a steel color, it's a little warmer.

    Only thing that would have color would be the oven..lol.. But that's my idea for now and I need to incorporate an island. Not sure of what kind yet.

    First pic is of the tile, second is the laminate flooring, 3rd pic is how the floor looks in a room.

    I'm going for industrial/rustic.

    If you guys happen to see an island that you think would work, let me know.
    What type of island are you thinking about? Stationary? On wheels? Large with a build in sink or just something for extra storage and a chopping block???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •