Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant. Upset Scared & thought I was in a place for help..

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Rant. Upset Scared & thought I was in a place for help..

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMomma View Post
    This may be the stress and nervousness talking, but I thought this forum was a place of support. I felt like if I was having an issue with my bulldog I could come here and get some comfort and advice. Now, we are facing the biggest issue we have had since getting George and nothing... I've never had a dog undergo surgery and as a first time bulldog owner I am absolutely terrified. I thought that I would get a small bit of advice at least on the anesthesia part of the surgery, but nothing. I don't know what to expect and I don't even know what to think at this point. I guess having been less active for the past few weeks made this issue of less importance, maybe no one has gone through this (highly unlikely), maybe there is no advice and we are just screwed. I love my dog like a child and feel back into a corner and I am petrified about him having surgery tomorrow. I just wanted one comment or one piece of advice... Something to help comfort me so that I can be strong for him. Nothing...
    How did the surgery go?

I'm very new here, but won't be able to be on as much as I have been. I took some time off work since I just brought my new pup home 4 days ago!

Wish I had advice, but I don't have experience with dog surgery....however I've been an Operating Room nurse for many years, and I have plenty of anesthesia experience with humans.

I know that due to the anatomy of bulldogs, they can be at higher risk for airway troubles. However, when you choose a vet experienced with the breed, your baby will be in the safest care possible!

What procedure is he having done?

Real Name
    Elizabeth
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King George
    Likes (Received)

Ugh I'm sorry for my rant! I have been in major stressed out bitch mode. (Feel sorry for my poor husband). Everything went smoothly with the surgery. Just post-op worries and stresses now.
    Follow George on Instagram-- @georgemichaelthebulldog

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Elizabeth, I did see your post and the reason I didn't respond is because I don't have any experience w/kidney surgery. I tagged the only member that I knew who was familiar w/stones… My internet has been going off w/the snow & ice storms that we are having. In the future if you tag your post as being URGENT then we will try to get to your post ASAP…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMomma View Post
    Ugh I'm sorry for my rant! I have been in major stressed out bitch mode. (Feel sorry for my poor husband). Everything went smoothly with the surgery. Just post-op worries and stresses now.
    A few people have asked you what surgery he had....

Glad it went well.
    "Whoever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend, never owned a dog"-Anonymous.

Real Name
    Elizabeth
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King George
    Likes (Received)

@AlphaMum he had two masses of stones removed from his bladder. Won't know what they were made of until results get back from the lab
    Follow George on Instagram-- @georgemichaelthebulldog

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

So glad that George came through his surgery well. Having a few pee accidents is pretty normal after surgery-anesthetic and all. Keep improving George!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads