Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frozen pipes!!!! No water grrrrr.....

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Default Frozen pipes!!!! No water grrrrr.....

Living in a quaint old carriage house doesn't seem as great as it normally does when your pipes freeze and you're going on 2 full days without water. Luckily there are showers at my gym and at work....but gross we had to boil snow to flush the toilet. It probably won't get fixed until the weather warms up....I'm not pleased. My landlords tried to put heaters on the pipes but maybe too little too late. Sigh. Maybe this was orchestrated by Ruckus to avoid the dreaded bath!!!!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Frozen pipes!!!! No water grrrrr.....

Can you wrap the pipes in insulation? How can you go without water until spring??
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    Can you wrap the pipes in insulation? How can you go without water until spring??
    Our landlord has a plumber coming tomorrow. The problem is that you can't actually see the pipes, so they'd have to be excavated from the ground under our courtyard or torn out of the walls. There is no way to go without water until spring. But it might I to next week. Our landlord offered to get us a hotel room, so if the plumber can't fix it tomorrow that might be our only choice, but I don't want to leave Ruckus alone in a hotel room, so one of us would have to be there with him....I just really hope it gets fixed...

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Yikes. We have similar issues with our older places in Arlington. We just moved to Fairfax, how does ruckus do alone in the house? We have a walker come by for taco. If we can help in any way, send a pm.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

not till spring.....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Oh gosh that stinks… we are getting hammered again here, 3 more inches ON top of the 7-10 inches we already got. Oh and that is on TOP off about 1 inches of pure ice. I had to take my hubby's 4x4 truck to get my daughter from her grandmother's tonight. We are hunkering down for the week I guess… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by YHSublime View Post
    Yikes. We have similar issues with our older places in Arlington. We just moved to Fairfax, how does ruckus do alone in the house? We have a walker come by for taco. If we can help in any way, send a pm.
    We've thought of moving to Arlington or Fairfax. A garage and a yard would be so great, I just can't give up the city quite yet.

Ruckus does fine in the house alone, although Keith works from home a lot now so Ruckus is spoiled. When he was a puppy we'd always find something chewed, but he's quite trustworthy now.

When we were both out of the house Ruckus sort of conformed to our schedule. I'd take him for a super long walk right when I woke up then a quick potty break before leaving for work and he would sleep the entire time we were gone. I was good friends with the upstairs neighbor at our d place and our dogs love one another so we'd trade off watching them. She's a doctor so was home a lot during the day and would let them play with one another and I would watch her dog when she was gone.

We tried a dog walker once but he was just letting Ruckus out to pee and putting him back inside instead of the 30 minute walk we paid for so one of us comes home at lunch to let him out if needed. We also have -- and don't laugh -- a security camera -- basically a glorified baby monitor -- mounted in our living room so we check in on him so we know if he's just snoozing then there's no need to rush home.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I hope things will get resolves soon for you guys, Jackie. This cannot be fun at all. Living in a hotel sounds like a nice little adventure tho!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

City living is easy to give up once you realize the updated and modern space you can have (and for cheaper!) just 20 mins out! No laughing here, I have an IP cam in the living room and kitchen.

If Ruckus needs a temporary babysitter, I'm trying to convince my wife Taco needs a friend, but she doesn't think we can handle two, lol. She's probably right.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    Living in a quaint old carriage house doesn't seem as great as it normally does when your pipes freeze and you're going on 2 full days without water. Luckily there are showers at my gym and at work....but gross we had to boil snow to flush the toilet. It probably won't get fixed until the weather warms up....I'm not pleased. My landlords tried to put heaters on the pipes but maybe too little too late. Sigh. Maybe this was orchestrated by Ruckus to avoid the dreaded bath!!!!
    What are you guys gonna do if they can't fix the pipes??

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@YHSublime

I don't think Chris or I would ever give up city living. At least not year round even though we live in a 700sq 1 bedroom apartment. Love the city too much and I need
    people around me. I get nervous when it's too quiet.

We just bought a 2800sq house (waiting for the closing). It's a weekend/summer place. Chris said during the summers, I should just stay there with the bullies and he'll come up
    for the weekends. Make the most of it, ya know? I was like Oh heeeeeeeeeellll no. Too scared to be there alone. I'd start hearing things and drive myself crazy.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    @YHSublime

I don't think Chris or I would ever give up city living. At least not year round even though we live in a 700sq 1 bedroom apartment. Love the city too much and I need
    people around me. I get nervous when it's too quiet.

We just bought a 2800sq house (waiting for the closing). It's a weekend/summer place. Chris said during the summers, I should just stay there with the bullies and he'll come up
    for the weekends. Make the most of it, ya know? I was like Oh heeeeeeeeeellll no. Too scared to be there alone. I'd start hearing things and drive myself crazy.
    This city mouse has turned country mouse for sure… Lol I grew up in the city, and now that I have lived on both coasts and Europe I have decided that I prefer open spaces. I'm trying to convince the hubby that once the kids are gone I want to move WAY OUT… like Colorado, Montana or the Dakotas. As long as I have the internet for shopping, and the occasional trip to "town" I'm good… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads