winter storm?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] ..... I agree..... I took Lari to work this morning and it wasn't bad having only gotten 6-8" of snow over night. Would hate to see what that would have been if it had been ice instead. Milwaukee is supposed to be getting 17+" by the time this is over tomorrow. My biggest concern is the cover over our koi pond surviving that much snow. I'll broom it off during the storm and maybe it will be ok.

Cat01

Jan 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Maddie
Hope everyone stays warm and snuggles in with the babies. Here in MO we are getting hammered with snow right now. It started early this morning and is just crazy right now. The only drawback for me is a restless bully who is picking on everyone! She has been outside a couple of times, and wants back out-but I won't let her, so she is messing with the shih tzu, my big ole german shorthaired lab, and the cats...hmmmphfff-Toddlers!! Lol!

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Well, just a dusting so far. My kids are getting out early from school today. We are supposed to get 18+ inches of snow, but the 50-60 mph winds are supposed to leave 8 foot snow drifts. And of course I have 3 acres without a single tree, so I'm sure we'll have big ones in my yard.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I stayed at work over night, and I am supposed to be relieved at 5pm. I AM NOT HAPPY! my dogs have been by themselves since 10AM yesterday and I am leaving to go home at 5 wether I am relieved or not. I already told them I am very unhappy and this is it...

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I live an hour and a half away from here and my house is right on the line of getting 24 inches of snow. The man I take care of is in a care center, so it's not like he has to have someone watch him every single minute...I'm just there to keep him occupied.

L

Lucy-licious

Take care all of u expecting storms these next couple days, keep warm and stay safe xxx

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
The storm has turned out as nasty as predicted. I don't know how much snow we got but the wind is horrendous. The drifts are 4-5" in places including right across our back door which meant Gracie couldn't get out this morning. I was able to get out the front door and went around to the back and shoveled out the door. Gracie was then thrown out in hopes she would pee..... She bounded off into the snow that was about 18" deep and went about 10 feet til she could go anywhere...... LOL. I dug her out and she beat it back to the door without doing anything............ Ive spent most of the morning blowing snow and have a long ways to go... Trouble is, it is still very windy and I'll probably have to start over later when it drifts back in. Back to blowing snow!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The drive to work was ok in my area. The media made a big deal of the storm so a lot of people stayed home. What got me :angry: is that all the schools cancelled their classes except for mine. That deserves another :angry:. But it's a night class, so there's still hope. :pray: :whistle:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1652]Angelgirl[/MENTION] In NE Ohio the rain started yesterday at approx 5pm and it was freezing rain. I left work early at 5.30pm cos classes were cancelled, and the roads were already bad. This morning, everywhere was like a sheet of ice - sometime overnight the temps got above freezing and everything started to melt then at around 4am the temp dropped and it was an ice block!! Our driveway is just ridiculous!! And when Daddy went out on the deck to get into the backyard it looked like something from Bambi!

Right now we have snow coming down .. it's not fun!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] A gal that used to work at the talk radio station I listen to relocated to Milwaukee. They had her on this morning and she said its an absolute nightmare. They said there are lots of stranded cars and even snow plows are getting stuck in ditches!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] It aint pretty here.... Schools and a lot of businesses are going to be closed again tomorrow. Lari will get to work ok though.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=1656]kiss1069[/MENTION] we are in abilene... we are supposed to have more snow fri and even more mon!!!

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Beautiful day today. Lots and lots of Vitamin D out there!!! Took LeRoy and China for a 2 mile walk and actually heard birds out there!!!:up:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We still have a lot of snow and the bottom of the driveway is still VERY icy ... but we got above 50 today and everything started to melt ..YAY!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online