stupid insurance companies

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
So hubby started at a new company a few weeks ago. Today we finally get something from aetna. It's a card but only for hubby, I'm not on it! Hubby called aetna. They have all of my info but for some reason I'm not eligible for coverage! I'm the one who actually needs the card, uses 99% of the insurance. So friggen annoyed right now. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't need or use it much, but I'm running out of meds very quickly (like only 3 days left) and I take them daily. Wtf?!? [emoji35]

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
what was the reason they gave for your ineligibility? That is strange. I hope you get it straightened out quickly.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow, hope you get it resolved and soon! Insurance companies are awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... HATE insurance companies they can do whatever they want when they want and with no reason. Ask hubby to talk with his employers to see if they can assist in getting it resolved

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
As of 1/1/2014, Aetna can not deny coverage due to pre-existing conditions (if that's what it even is).

It's very odd that they won't cover you through your husband's employer. If it was an individual policy, they can pick any reason they want to deny, but insurance through an employer generally guarantees coverage.

Can you call them directly to find out why? Or do you need to go through his Human Resource Department?
It could be something as simple as the paperwork being filled out incorrectly. If so, it's an easy fix.

I have Aetna through Chris' company, and I've never had any problems. But then again, every employer offers different plans, many of which are specific to that company.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Well, it's almost been fixed. Hubby called his HR. Somehow they got it fixed. New card is in the mail. They said it was a clerical error. I'll say!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, it's almost been fixed. Hubby called his HR. Somehow they got it fixed. New card is in the mail. They said it was a clerical error. I'll say!

:whew: thank goodness

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.