Idiot Customer Service Reps. Post Your Story Here..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So yesterday about 4ish- I call Bed Bath & Beyond. Wanted to know why an order I placed on 1/29/14 was only partially shipped.

I get "Valerie" on the phone, and what ensues is beyond ridiculous:

Me: Hi Valerie, when is the rest of my order supposed to ship?
Valerie: It's a low inventory item.
Me: What does that mean?
Valerie: They're searching for it in the warehouse.
Me: So when do you think it's going to ship?
Valerie: Hold on please.

Valerie: It's being shipped directly from the vendor.
Me: You just said it was a low inventory item?
Valerie: Oopps, we don't keep it in stock, the vendor has it.
Me: So when will it ship??
Valerie: ummm.. 10 business days.
Me: Cancel that part of the order.
Valerie: I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'll try to cancel and give you a call tomorrow to let you know.
Me: Wha? What do you mean you'll try and then call me? It hasn't been shipped, cancel it! Also, you have my email- send me a confirmation email, you don't need to call me tomorrow, we're not friends!
Valerie: Hold on please.. sorry, hold on please.

Valerie: It's out of stock.
Me: ... <face palm>
Me: So now that it's out of stock, can you cancel it and send me an email confirming the cancellation and crediting my CC.
Valerie: So sorry, so very sorry... please hold.

Me: <about to break the phone>

Valerie: I spoke with my supervisors, she said yes, we can cancel and I'll send you a confirmation email.

................................................................................... THEN............................................................

Last night check my email:
Sure enough there's one from Valerie, but the items is neither cancelled nor credited. It shows the original order with the original total. NOTHING WAS DONE.

Call again and this time I get Thomas:

Me: Thomas- (I went over everything that happened earlier)
Thomas: The rest of your order shipped out earlier today. It had to have been around two.
Me: ....<silence>
Me: There's no tracking number on my account page.
Thomas: It hasn't gone to blah blah blah yet where it gets scanned. But here's the tracking number.
Me: <checks the UPS page and it's not coming up>
Thomas: Give it 24 hours to get scanned into the system
Me: Send me an email with all this info.
Thomas: OK.

.................................................................THEN...............................................................................

This morning, check UPS' site again. ">>> The number you entered is not a valid tracking number (e.g. typical format is 1Z9999999999999999). Review the number provided or contact the sender to verify the number."

I will give it until 3 o'clock today to see if UPS updates. At this point, I'm not holding my breath.

Buyer Beware; Bed Bath & Beyond is being run my chimps.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
"Buyer Beware; Bed Bath & Beyond is being run my chimps." :rofl::rofl: Sorry, I know how frustrating this is. It seems to happen with almost everything these days!!!
I think Chimps may do a better job......

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Most of them are being run by something/one, not thinking it is chimps, they are smarter!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You're both right, chimps are smarter.

My saga has not ended yet. I posted what's been going on to their FB page, they replied and wanted my info. to look into the order.
Emailed it waiting for them to get back to me.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What nimrods! Tell them you want your refund as you requested prior to shipping. Hope they do you right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Arrrgh! Customer Service Hell!

I've had too many of those.

And I used to work for a telemarketing company... I was the programmer for their scripts - this was for AT&T back in the old days where people used landlines... you get all these AT&T calling plans - free state-to-state calls for $9.99 a month, etc. etc. I also did scripts for warranty claims and hotel reservations. I also worked for a health insurance company's sales, patient pre-approvals, provider registrations, etc., doing the same thing - programming scripts.

I have to tell you, the customer service rep can only be as good as the script (or the system) infront of them... there are people who has a way with salesmanship that they can sell ice to an eskimo.. but, if they can't get the system to follow their sales pitch, they won't be able to enter the sale in. Same for tracking and cancelling orders, etc.

I don't know the BB&B system but from what you're saying... I have a feeling it's not necessarily that they have bad customer reps... it's probably that they have a terrible customer service system.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The item was shipped yesterday morning. First girl got everything wrong. Second guy got it right, but emailed me the wrong tracking # :facepalm:. Oh, and the first girl was being helped by her "supervisor". That's an "lol" onto itself. So if you ever call them and get Valerie, ask to be transferred.

Their Facebook staff got it all sorted out and gave me the correct info. and tracking number. They're the ones that should be answering the phones.

@anatess, I know what you mean about the program.
I've had CS tell me before that there's no way they can cancel, or give me more info. because they just can't see something, or don't have access to it. I've also had them tell me that they just don't know and can't figure something out.
So they escalate it to someone that can help. In this instance, I just got idiots.

Most Reactions