Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Weekend Happenings

  1. #1
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Weekend Happenings

    I took Ruthie and Brutus to the groomer Saturday. They needed a good washing and their nails cut. There were a ton of dogs there just running around the place and of course Brutus jumped right into the fun! They took them both back and brutus kept taunting a golden retriever that was in cage. Ruthie was being her precious angel self and just sniffing around, not bothering anyone. Bruts wouldn't stop taunting so they put him in a cage in the back. Bruts does not like to be caged so he was barking like crazy while i was filling out the paperwork. I finish, say goodbye to Ruthie and as we are leaving it's silent, no more barking....brutus escaped from the cage. So they just let him run around. We go pick them up later and they tell us that brutus tried to bite when cutting his nails, so they didn't get them done. he was totally scared of two little yorkies that were running around LOL. That boy is all talk!
    Don't they look so cute in their little hankies? They would not sit still so brian had to hold a treat for me. Those hankies didn't last long. Ruthie pulled brutus' off and then they tore them up.
    -photogrid_1422115294955-jpg



    so yesterday we were making steaks, they aren't allowed in the kitchen when we cook but Brutus snuck in. i dropped a wad of plastic wrap and before i know it, Brutus runs over and snatches it up. He's so quick, i grabbed him but not in enough time. I'm watching for vomiting, not eating...etc. what are the chances he will pass it?



    I also received a precious, beautiful gift from my brother & sister in law, a coat rack. They made everyone else in the family one. i've begged, pleaded, bitched, complained & asked relentlessly for 6 YEARS!!! Everyone in Brian's family is so sick and tired of me talking about this. They came over yesterday to visit and they brought it! I was screaming, yelling and jumping for joy. I can't believe it's here! It's so beautiful that i have to share.
    -20150125_140033-jpg
    I hope you all had a good weekend too.

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    What a beautiful coat rack... love that is is very unique.

    Brutus is such a typical Bull to -- all talk -- yap yap yap!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bella100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,070
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    624

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    oh jennie youve been busy this weekend lol, hope brutus passes that plastic soon, and i love the picture of them so cute!!!!
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

  4. #4
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyhynum View Post
    oh jennie youve been busy this weekend lol, hope brutus passes that plastic soon, and i love the picture of them so cute!!!!
    I know! I bought a new car too LOL. I'm hoping that plastic passes, i'm worried about him.
    You were busy too! I love all your facebook photos. You are always having a blast! I love that about you.

  5. #5
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bella100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,070
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    624

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    I know! I bought a new car too LOL. I'm hoping that plastic passes, i'm worried about him.
    You were busy too! I love all your facebook photos. You are always having a blast! I love that about you.
    Thank you!! to bad we dont live closer to each other haha we would have us a good time. and im not getting any younger so i may as well live it on up lol
    Its so hard being the queen!!!

  6. #6
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by stacyhynum View Post
    Thank you!! to bad we dont live closer to each other haha we would have us a good time.
    OMG I KNOW!!! You might wear me out hahahaha.

  7. #7
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,639
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2119

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    Hi Jennie, we had spa day here this weekend too, but hubby baths them himself in the tub, we bought a really nice hand held shower head to rinse them off, and it's great for cleaning the tub and shower walls as well. We take them to the groomers just to have their nails trimmed. We bath our guys once every two weeks.

    Im sorry youre going through worry about Brutus swallowing the plastic wrap, these guys are so fast, and they are trash compactors. I swear they must think they are billy goats, they eat just about anything and everything. I call my Dozer a Bully goat, he eats anythink textile, and he would have swallowed that plastic wrap as well if given the chance. He eats paper towel, tissues, napkins, blankets, towels, stuffed animals, tennis balls, but his favourite is sweat socks, he has swallowed 4 sweat socks in the past 2 years, and a dish cloth. He has managed to either throw them up and twice he's pooped them out. I'm sure Buster will be able to pass the plastic without any problems. It's a smooth material so no worry of it puncturing him, and it's pretty thin and will shrink down in his stomach. He will either throw it up when it upsets his tummy, but more than likely he will poop it out. Just watch his poops for the next week or so until he passes it. It can take a week or more before he passes it. The last sock that Dozer swallowed, took 29 days before he threw it up. I couldn't beleive it, I had almost forgot that he had swallowed my grandsons sock, I arched his poop for 2 weeks and saw nothing, and he was acting, eating, drinking and playing normal the whole time, we were also in the middle of moving, and the morning before our move day, he threw it up in his crate at 5:30 in the morning. I don't think there is any danger of obstruction from a piece of plastic wrap, but keep an eye on him, and look for signs of diarrhea, vomiting, or drooling from the mouth, as these are signs of an obstruction. Please keep us posted.

    I love your coat rack, it's beautiful.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  8. #8
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Hi Jennie, we had spa day here this weekend too, but hubby baths them himself in the tub, we bought a really nice hand held shower head to rinse them off, and it's great for cleaning the tub and shower walls as well. We take them to the groomers just to have their nails trimmed. We bath our guys once every two weeks.

    Im sorry youre going through worry about Brutus swallowing the plastic wrap, these guys are so fast, and they are trash compactors. I swear they must think they are billy goats, they eat just about anything and everything. I call my Dozer a Bully goat, he eats anythink textile, and he would have swallowed that plastic wrap as well if given the chance. He eats paper towel, tissues, napkins, blankets, towels, stuffed animals, tennis balls, but his favourite is sweat socks, he has swallowed 4 sweat socks in the past 2 years, and a dish cloth. He has managed to either throw them up and twice he's pooped them out. I'm sure Buster will be able to pass the plastic without any problems. It's a smooth material so no worry of it puncturing him, and it's pretty thin and will shrink down in his stomach. He will either throw it up when it upsets his tummy, but more than likely he will poop it out. Just watch his poops for the next week or so until he passes it. It can take a week or more before he passes it. The last sock that Dozer swallowed, took 29 days before he threw it up. I couldn't beleive it, I had almost forgot that he had swallowed my grandsons sock, I arched his poop for 2 weeks and saw nothing, and he was acting, eating, drinking and playing normal the whole time, we were also in the middle of moving, and the morning before our move day, he threw it up in his crate at 5:30 in the morning. I don't think there is any danger of obstruction from a piece of plastic wrap, but keep an eye on him, and look for signs of diarrhea, vomiting, or drooling from the mouth, as these are signs of an obstruction. Please keep us posted.

    I love your coat rack, it's beautiful.
    Sounds like you have your hands full LOL. I can't believe they can pass socks....crazy. Thank you for the signs to look for. Brutus will eat anything that falls on the floor, you are so right, they are billy goats!!! I keep checking on him and i'll be on poop patrol for a while. We never take them to the groomer, i usually bathe them myself and take them to get their nails done. I thought it would be fun for someone else to take the brunt of their anger when they get a bath hahaha. They were so happy when we picked them up and smelled so good. I've been nuzzling in their fur.

  9. #9
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5592

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    I was plum crazy w/my daughter's b-day sleepover… then I ended up at the doctors today Major sinus infection… Ugh!!!

    Your babies look SO cute in their little bandanas… Lol Wally tried to bite our groomer the last time he was done, he's been going there since he was a WEE baby!!! What the heck?!! I absolutely LOVE that coat rack… very cool!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  10. #10
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    What an adorable pic, love the bandanas.

    I think he'll pass it. You may need to look through his poop to find it though..

    The coat is gorgeous. It's so funny you mentioned it now too. I've been talking to Chris how we must get a really nice coat rack for the new house..lol..


  11. #11
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: Weekend Happenings

    Quote Originally Posted by nycbullymama View Post
    What an adorable pic, love the bandanas.

    I think he'll pass it. You may need to look through his poop to find it though..

    The coat is gorgeous. It's so funny you mentioned it now too. I've been talking to Chris how we must get a really nice coat rack for the new house..lol..
    I would offer to have them make you one and ship it to you but i had to wait 6 years for this one, i doubt you wanna wait that long LOL.

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •