JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I took Ruthie and Brutus to the groomer Saturday. They needed a good washing and their nails cut. There were a ton of dogs there just running around the place and of course Brutus jumped right into the fun! They took them both back and brutus kept taunting a golden retriever that was in cage. Ruthie was being her precious angel self and just sniffing around, not bothering anyone. Bruts wouldn't stop taunting so they put him in a cage in the back. Bruts does not like to be caged so he was barking like crazy while i was filling out the paperwork. I finish, say goodbye to Ruthie and as we are leaving it's silent, no more barking....brutus escaped from the cage. So they just let him run around. We go pick them up later and they tell us that brutus tried to bite when cutting his nails, so they didn't get them done. he was totally scared of two little yorkies that were running around LOL. That boy is all talk!
Don't they look so cute in their little hankies? They would not sit still so brian had to hold a treat for me. Those hankies didn't last long. Ruthie pulled brutus' off and then they tore them up.
PhotoGrid_1422115294955.jpg

so yesterday we were making steaks, they aren't allowed in the kitchen when we cook but Brutus snuck in. i dropped a wad of plastic wrap and before i know it, Brutus runs over and snatches it up. He's so quick, i grabbed him but not in enough time. I'm watching for vomiting, not eating...etc. what are the chances he will pass it?

I also received a precious, beautiful gift from my brother & sister in law, a coat rack. They made everyone else in the family one. i've begged, pleaded, bitched, complained & asked relentlessly for 6 YEARS!!! Everyone in Brian's family is so sick and tired of me talking about this. They came over yesterday to visit and they brought it! I was screaming, yelling and jumping for joy. I can't believe it's here! It's so beautiful that i have to share.
20150125_140033.jpg
I hope you all had a good weekend too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful coat rack... love that is is very unique.

Brutus is such a typical Bull to -- all talk -- yap yap yap!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
oh jennie youve been busy this weekend lol, hope brutus passes that plastic soon, and i love the picture of them so cute!!!!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oh jennie youve been busy this weekend lol, hope brutus passes that plastic soon, and i love the picture of them so cute!!!!
I know! I bought a new car too LOL. I'm hoping that plastic passes, i'm worried about him.
You were busy too! I love all your facebook photos. You are always having a blast! I love that about you.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
I know! I bought a new car too LOL. I'm hoping that plastic passes, i'm worried about him.
You were busy too! I love all your facebook photos. You are always having a blast! I love that about you.

Thank you!! to bad we dont live closer to each other haha we would have us a good time. :w00t: and im not getting any younger so i may as well live it on up lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Jennie, we had spa day here this weekend too, but hubby baths them himself in the tub, we bought a really nice hand held shower head to rinse them off, and it's great for cleaning the tub and shower walls as well. We take them to the groomers just to have their nails trimmed. We bath our guys once every two weeks.

Im sorry youre going through worry about Brutus swallowing the plastic wrap, these guys are so fast, and they are trash compactors. I swear they must think they are billy goats, they eat just about anything and everything. I call my Dozer a Bully goat, he eats anythink textile, and he would have swallowed that plastic wrap as well if given the chance. He eats paper towel, tissues, napkins, blankets, towels, stuffed animals, tennis balls, but his favourite is sweat socks, he has swallowed 4 sweat socks in the past 2 years, and a dish cloth. He has managed to either throw them up and twice he's pooped them out. I'm sure Buster will be able to pass the plastic without any problems. It's a smooth material so no worry of it puncturing him, and it's pretty thin and will shrink down in his stomach. He will either throw it up when it upsets his tummy, but more than likely he will poop it out. Just watch his poops for the next week or so until he passes it. It can take a week or more before he passes it. The last sock that Dozer swallowed, took 29 days before he threw it up. I couldn't beleive it, I had almost forgot that he had swallowed my grandsons sock, I arched his poop for 2 weeks and saw nothing, and he was acting, eating, drinking and playing normal the whole time, we were also in the middle of moving, and the morning before our move day, he threw it up in his crate at 5:30 in the morning. I don't think there is any danger of obstruction from a piece of plastic wrap, but keep an eye on him, and look for signs of diarrhea, vomiting, or drooling from the mouth, as these are signs of an obstruction. Please keep us posted.

I love your coat rack, it's beautiful.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Jennie, we had spa day here this weekend too, but hubby baths them himself in the tub, we bought a really nice hand held shower head to rinse them off, and it's great for cleaning the tub and shower walls as well. We take them to the groomers just to have their nails trimmed. We bath our guys once every two weeks.

Im sorry youre going through worry about Brutus swallowing the plastic wrap, these guys are so fast, and they are trash compactors. I swear they must think they are billy goats, they eat just about anything and everything. I call my Dozer a Bully goat, he eats anythink textile, and he would have swallowed that plastic wrap as well if given the chance. He eats paper towel, tissues, napkins, blankets, towels, stuffed animals, tennis balls, but his favourite is sweat socks, he has swallowed 4 sweat socks in the past 2 years, and a dish cloth. He has managed to either throw them up and twice he's pooped them out. I'm sure Buster will be able to pass the plastic without any problems. It's a smooth material so no worry of it puncturing him, and it's pretty thin and will shrink down in his stomach. He will either throw it up when it upsets his tummy, but more than likely he will poop it out. Just watch his poops for the next week or so until he passes it. It can take a week or more before he passes it. The last sock that Dozer swallowed, took 29 days before he threw it up. I couldn't beleive it, I had almost forgot that he had swallowed my grandsons sock, I arched his poop for 2 weeks and saw nothing, and he was acting, eating, drinking and playing normal the whole time, we were also in the middle of moving, and the morning before our move day, he threw it up in his crate at 5:30 in the morning. I don't think there is any danger of obstruction from a piece of plastic wrap, but keep an eye on him, and look for signs of diarrhea, vomiting, or drooling from the mouth, as these are signs of an obstruction. Please keep us posted.

I love your coat rack, it's beautiful.

Sounds like you have your hands full LOL. I can't believe they can pass socks....crazy. Thank you for the signs to look for. Brutus will eat anything that falls on the floor, you are so right, they are billy goats!!! I keep checking on him and i'll be on poop patrol for a while. We never take them to the groomer, i usually bathe them myself and take them to get their nails done. I thought it would be fun for someone else to take the brunt of their anger when they get a bath hahaha. They were so happy when we picked them up and smelled so good. I've been nuzzling in their fur.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I was plum crazy w/my daughter's b-day sleepoverā€¦ then I ended up at the doctors today :( Major sinus infectionā€¦ Ugh!!!

Your babies look SO cute in their little bandanasā€¦ Lol Wally tried to bite our groomer the last time he was done, he's been going there since he was a WEE baby!!! What the heck?!! I absolutely LOVE that coat rackā€¦ very cool!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
What an adorable pic, love the bandanas.

I think he'll pass it. You may need to look through his poop to find it though.. :(

The coat is gorgeous. It's so funny you mentioned it now too. I've been talking to Chris how we must get a really nice coat rack for the new house..lol..

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
What an adorable pic, love the bandanas.

I think he'll pass it. You may need to look through his poop to find it though.. :(

The coat is gorgeous. It's so funny you mentioned it now too. I've been talking to Chris how we must get a really nice coat rack for the new house..lol..
I would offer to have them make you one and ship it to you but i had to wait 6 years for this one, i doubt you wanna wait that long LOL.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online