Thread: animal hoarders

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Default animal hoarders

does anyone watch this show?

i'm sorry if this offends anyone, but i would like to euthanize all the people that end up on these shows.

they talk about how much they "love" these animals and "i would do anything for them", blah blah blah.... excuse me, you just lost 12 out of 13 puppies to parvo because you are a filthy jerk and do not provide any semblance of proper veterinary care. that is not love! that is some sicko individual with deep psychological problems trying to find worth in their existence when there is none, but harming dozens of innocent animals in the process.

makes me sick to see that these people are treated like victims when in actuality the animals dying are the victims. and because the government has little concern for animals, the people are rarely if at all, penalized.

And to boot, these people are all crazy and on disability or social security. So, not only are you wasting my tax dollars, you're using them to destroy the lives of animals.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: animal hoarders

No, I don't watch because it's makes me sick. I agree. These people are nuts! I don't even like the show "Hoarders", that's not got anything to do with animals.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jozi, Wales
    Likes (Received)

I have watched it once. Just another reason this country
    is in the state its in. We cater to people like this that won't
    help themselves. We keep them comfortable in poverty.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Havent seen it but I have to say I agree with you, these people are looney tunes. I wish the laws were tougher on people who cant take care of their pets. Course the laws for protecting our kids arent near strong enough imo so it makes sense they dont punish these people either. Ugh... Someday hopefully these laws will get better.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

i have been called one before but all my snakes are kept in theyre own tubs so theyre not slithering around the house and pooping where they want...i do have 3 dogs but thats it, i did have an aunt who used to have cats and it was disgusting coz theyd be all over the place in the house or outside and it was nasty but she never got rid of them and now that she has a new house it seems shes starting all over again, doubt shell ever learn

"So Let It Be Written"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

totally agree, we only have 2 dogs...

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

I have seen it.....its sad really. I feel for all the animals that miss out in the life they deserve because someone "loves them too much to let them go".

Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

No I have never seen it and would probably cry the whole show!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Haven't seen that one but seen the other show "Hoarders". That was enough to make me want to so don't think I could take watching one about animals!!!

I know we have a lot of dogs, and some people consider it too many, but all ours are fed, looked after and medically provided for not like the people who obviously go on these shows!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

yeah, there is a world of difference between having five dogs and hoarding animals. the hoarders are certifiably demented.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Having alot of dogs is one thing, what happens on those shows is clearly another. My co-worker watches it from time to time and has told me about it. I have never seen it. I won't watch it for the same reason I can't watch the "animal cops" shows anymore, all I do is sit on the couch balling my eyes out and cursing the world. Just too upsetting, I am sensitive to things like that especially when it involves animals or children that are distreated/neglected.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

our laws here allow us only 5 dogs but i dont want 5 just 3...and at any time can anyone be living like a hoarder...one day youre healthy and fine, the next you cant watch after those that need your care and although you dont have a mass of animals youre now considered one as well...hoarding is a mental problem where people cant do away with stuff or animals for the need of being wanted or close personal attachment among other things...i just hope i dont end up like that but its pretty sad when they do. My biggest problem is that they dont feel like theyre wrong or want to accept help but again thats all mental stuff. I say remove them from their homes and clean up and then work on reintroducing people to their clean homes but with all the rights in this country that cant be done at least not legally.

"So Let It Be Written"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads