animal hoarders

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
i dont watch the show, its my wife that watches it when theres nothing else kinda like the Intervention show on drug/alcoholics...i just sit if i have nothing better to do and watch it with her and shes the one thats told me its a mental problem and as much as i want to go with that i just dont feel it but maybe these people will get some help wether with the show or not so they can stop living like that. To think that having too much stuff can end up killing you as it has some of these people is not a healthy thing. As i stated on another thread, i feel like im jaded as i had to deal with drug addicts from when i was very young and saw them throwing their lives away so now i see the world as such and dont feel bad for these people but i guess if someomes out there willing to help them then more power to them...if i see theyre trying to help themselves then ill help them but otherwise with no effort on their part they will remain where theyre at. Yeah sounds cold but id expect the same done if i didnt help myself out.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
This thread hits home for me in many ways ... first, I got caught up watching a marathon of Animal Hoarders Friday night and balled my eyes out. These people just don't get it. :( Second, I work in the municipal court in my town so we see a decent amount of ASPCA cases - this is mixed emotions of course because I feel like there shouldn't be any, but of course it's good to know someone is looking out for these animals. Lastly, two years ago a former friend of mine was charged in both criminal and civil court for over 50 animals found dead in his and his wife's foreclosed home. :( I knew his family well and they were animal lovers, raised in 4H and took great care of their dogs. I don't know what happened there but it's unbelievably saddening. Sometimes, you just don't know. The newspapers had talked that it could have started because he helped a few people out when they lost their homes, which may have snowballed when other people realized he was willing to help. It still is shocking to me, two years later.

Members online

No members online now.