animal hoarders

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
does anyone watch this show?

i'm sorry if this offends anyone, but i would like to euthanize all the people that end up on these shows.

they talk about how much they "love" these animals and "i would do anything for them", blah blah blah.... excuse me, you just lost 12 out of 13 puppies to parvo because you are a filthy jerk and do not provide any semblance of proper veterinary care. that is not love! that is some sicko individual with deep psychological problems trying to find worth in their existence when there is none, but harming dozens of innocent animals in the process.

makes me sick to see that these people are treated like victims when in actuality the animals dying are the victims. and because the government has little concern for animals, the people are rarely if at all, penalized.

And to boot, these people are all crazy and on disability or social security. So, not only are you wasting my tax dollars, you're using them to destroy the lives of animals. :angry:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
No, I don't watch because it's makes me sick. I agree. These people are nuts! I don't even like the show "Hoarders", that's not got anything to do with animals.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I have watched it once. Just another reason this country
is in the state its in. We cater to people like this that won't
help themselves. We keep them comfortable in poverty.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent seen it but I have to say I agree with you, these people are looney tunes. I wish the laws were tougher on people who cant take care of their pets. Course the laws for protecting our kids arent near strong enough imo so it makes sense they dont punish these people either. Ugh... Someday hopefully these laws will get better.

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
i have been called one before but all my snakes are kept in theyre own tubs so theyre not slithering around the house and pooping where they want...i do have 3 dogs but thats it, i did have an aunt who used to have cats and it was disgusting coz theyd be all over the place in the house or outside and it was nasty but she never got rid of them and now that she has a new house it seems shes starting all over again, doubt shell ever learn

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Haven't seen that one but seen the other show "Hoarders". That was enough to make me want to :barf: so don't think I could take watching one about animals!!!

I know we have a lot of dogs, and some people consider it too many, but all ours are fed, looked after and medically provided for not like the people who obviously go on these shows!!

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
yeah, there is a world of difference between having five dogs and hoarding animals. the hoarders are certifiably demented.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Having alot of dogs is one thing, what happens on those shows is clearly another. My co-worker watches it from time to time and has told me about it. I have never seen it. I won't watch it for the same reason I can't watch the "animal cops" shows anymore, all I do is sit on the couch balling my eyes out and cursing the world. Just too upsetting, I am sensitive to things like that especially when it involves animals or children that are distreated/neglected.

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
our laws here allow us only 5 dogs but i dont want 5 just 3...and at any time can anyone be living like a hoarder...one day youre healthy and fine, the next you cant watch after those that need your care and although you dont have a mass of animals youre now considered one as well...hoarding is a mental problem where people cant do away with stuff or animals for the need of being wanted or close personal attachment among other things...i just hope i dont end up like that but its pretty sad when they do. My biggest problem is that they dont feel like theyre wrong or want to accept help but again thats all mental stuff. I say remove them from their homes and clean up and then work on reintroducing people to their clean homes but with all the rights in this country that cant be done at least not legally.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hoarding like that is the side effect of a VERY serious mental disorder. Unfortunately our society is not "equipped" to deal with that type of thing properly.

An even bigger shame IMO is the fact that some TV producers are making money exploiting the people and their illness on the shows. and they will continue to make them because there is an audience!
I don't watch any of those so called "reality" shows because they are just sickening and I refuse to support that kind of broadcasting by watching it.

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
truthfully, i don't know why i watch it. it is sickening. it's not a schadenfreude thing, or maybe it is. maybe it just motivates me to clean.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
never seen it...seen previews though and i don't want to support those type of shows either, so i don't watch it. my kids like to watch animal planet where they do the cop shows and how the animals are misstreated...i can't bare to watch that most times. :(

i won't get started about how i feel about people and their wrong choices that don't take care of family, pets, home and live on welfare, etc. i keep hoping some day there will be a better solution of limiting people access to this stuff. don't get me wrong, i'm not talking about unforseen circumstances that render one unemployed or to a point where they are struggling finacially for a period of time. i'm talking about people who take advantage of the system and purposely are neglectful.

blah...happy thoughts, happy thoughts. :whistle:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.