Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: animal hoarders

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: animal hoarders

Hoarding like that is the side effect of a VERY serious mental disorder. Unfortunately our society is not "equipped" to deal with that type of thing properly.

An even bigger shame IMO is the fact that some TV producers are making money exploiting the people and their illness on the shows. and they will continue to make them because there is an audience!
    I don't watch any of those so called "reality" shows because they are just sickening and I refuse to support that kind of broadcasting by watching it.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

truthfully, i don't know why i watch it. it is sickening. it's not a schadenfreude thing, or maybe it is. maybe it just motivates me to clean.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

never seen it...seen previews though and i don't want to support those type of shows either, so i don't watch it. my kids like to watch animal planet where they do the cop shows and how the animals are misstreated...i can't bare to watch that most times.

i won't get started about how i feel about people and their wrong choices that don't take care of family, pets, home and live on welfare, etc. i keep hoping some day there will be a better solution of limiting people access to this stuff. don't get me wrong, i'm not talking about unforseen circumstances that render one unemployed or to a point where they are struggling finacially for a period of time. i'm talking about people who take advantage of the system and purposely are neglectful.

blah...happy thoughts, happy thoughts.
    Amy

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member kiss1069's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Coda
    Likes (Received)

i dont watch the show, its my wife that watches it when theres nothing else kinda like the Intervention show on drug/alcoholics...i just sit if i have nothing better to do and watch it with her and shes the one thats told me its a mental problem and as much as i want to go with that i just dont feel it but maybe these people will get some help wether with the show or not so they can stop living like that. To think that having too much stuff can end up killing you as it has some of these people is not a healthy thing. As i stated on another thread, i feel like im jaded as i had to deal with drug addicts from when i was very young and saw them throwing their lives away so now i see the world as such and dont feel bad for these people but i guess if someomes out there willing to help them then more power to them...if i see theyre trying to help themselves then ill help them but otherwise with no effort on their part they will remain where theyre at. Yeah sounds cold but id expect the same done if i didnt help myself out.

"So Let It Be Written"

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

This thread hits home for me in many ways ... first, I got caught up watching a marathon of Animal Hoarders Friday night and balled my eyes out. These people just don't get it. Second, I work in the municipal court in my town so we see a decent amount of ASPCA cases - this is mixed emotions of course because I feel like there shouldn't be any, but of course it's good to know someone is looking out for these animals. Lastly, two years ago a former friend of mine was charged in both criminal and civil court for over 50 animals found dead in his and his wife's foreclosed home. I knew his family well and they were animal lovers, raised in 4H and took great care of their dogs. I don't know what happened there but it's unbelievably saddening. Sometimes, you just don't know. The newspapers had talked that it could have started because he helped a few people out when they lost their homes, which may have snowballed when other people realized he was willing to help. It still is shocking to me, two years later.
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads