Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I tried to log onto my FB page this morning and I couldn't log on, they sent me a message on my e-mail, saying someone tried to log onto my account from a location that I don't usually use so they locked my account, the message said if it wasn't me I had to log into my account and make a new password. Apparently someone in Los Angeles tried to hack my account at 2:03 in the morning. I wasn't in Los Angeles, and I was sleeping. Has this ever happened to anyone on FB?

This is the message they sent me

Did you log into Facebook from somewhere new?

Hi Monica

It looks like someone tried to log into your account on January 16 at 2:03am using Android on Android 4. Your account is safe; we just wanted to make sure it was you who tried to log in from somewhere new.

If you don't think this was you, please log into Facebook so we can walk you through a few steps to keep your account safe.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm… someone hacked into my FB account once, and I just changed the password and everything was fine. I don't understand WHY they want to hack into FB accounts?!! SMDH...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just do not get it.... what would they get from hacking a FB account.... pictures and access to games?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm guessing this is common on FB? I don't understand either why somebody would want to hack your FB account? It's not like there is any banking information or anything they can use, like Christine said it's just pictures and games and recipes and stuff. I can't imagine what people would want from your FB page. My e- mail did have a link to change my password, and my FB account was locked, the e- mail said that I was locked out to protect my account.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Phil a little birdie told me you were on my FB page. Why were you hacking my FB? Lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.