agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
i loved tapatalk, i was on ebn 24/7 but the new up grade is doing my tittts in !!!

is it only me ? am i doing out wrong ?? help jj

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm not loving it either but I hate change. I find having the notifications menu in a hidden drop menu a real pain!

The more I use it though the easier it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
not really bothering me, but I only use it occasionally ... I am on my computer more than my phone

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
It's terrible. The tapatalk forums have outrage all over the board. You can always reinstall the old version and keep from updating it.

I gripe with most change as well, but can identify its me just being lazy and not wanting to adapt. The user experience with this new update is crap, and defeats the purpose of a forum managing tool. I'm a member of at least 10 different forums, and admin on 2, and the UI is terrible on both fronts.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
i don't like it but i am dealing with it as I am on my phone more than my PC at the moment.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what it looks like on an iPad, but here's a screenshot of how to get to threads as you can see at the top there is a menu thing that goes across one with the clock another with a feed, another with notifications with an @ symbol, another with a star, those are your subscribe threads, and another with an arrow showing trending threads. I think the default menu brings you to trending threads, so you'll want to hit the one with the dot and several lines to show all the threads you have not read.

Confused yet? Then at the top upper right of the screen there is three dots, those will bring up the other information like private messages and stuff.

de1902c034136f475d8be003d0e32bc3.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree, barely had it figured out before. Any way we could use a different platform?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a mobile style in the style chooser. If you go to our website from an internet browser , scroll down to the very bottom of the page. On the bottom left there's a box that says style chooser. It's the last option I believe, called default mobile style.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what version of Taptalk are you on? I am not seeing these changes and iTunes states I have the latest version which is 3.0.1

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
I have a site I use at work that was streamlined last year. Love it's new clean look too, but it took awhile to find my way around. We'll understand it eventually......and then it could change again. Such is life.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
what version of Taptalk are you on? I am not seeing these changes and iTunes states I have the latest version which is 3.0.1

My version is. 3.3 so be happy yours isn't there yet. It does have some cool features like trending and feeds, but I'm still getting used to how it all works. At least now notifications are on the home tab, whereas when it first updated I had to go hunting for them.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
I have tapatalk 3.1.1 and it doesn't show an available update. I'll bet Tapatalk is now optimized for the newer IOS 8. I'm on an iPad2, so I hear that upgrade won't fully operate on it so haven't loaded it. This and my bank are the sites I'm beginning to have trouble with. I'm just not ready to spend the money for a new iPad!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have tapatalk 3.1.1 and it doesn't show an available update. I'll bet Tapatalk is now optimized for the newer IOS 8. I'm on an iPad2, so I hear that upgrade won't fully operate on it so haven't loaded it. This and my bank are the sites I'm beginning to have trouble with. I'm just not ready to spend the money for a new iPad!

I do not use Tapatalk when on my iPad.... I just use safari and enter the website. It does always ask me to use 'tapatalk' but I always just select no.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online