Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no, Shingles? That's terrible. I know they are very painful, my grandmother had them years ago, and she was writhing on the floor in pain. My brother in law also got them a couple of years ago, but he caught them early and was prescribed Tamiflu an anti viral medication, and they didn't last that long, also because he was only in his 40s I don't know if that makes a difference. They do have a shingles vaccine now to prevent it. I think I will ask my doctor for it. I was at my moms today, and my stepfather had the prescription script for the vaccine. I think it works the same as the Hepatitis vaccine, you get the prescription from your doctor, fill it out and then take the serum to the doctor and he will give you the vaccine. Can you get Tamiflu from your doctor to reduce the duration of Shingles? I hope you get over this quickly and it's not to painful for you. Feel better soon Rosalie.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] So sorry about the shingles now, too! You poor gal, you have been through the stress lately. Sending BIG get well soon wishes. hangover.jpg

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor @brutus77 So sorry about the shingles now, too! You poor gal, you have been through the stress lately. Sending BIG get well soon wishes.View attachment 82755
I decided I sound very depressing so I am going to choose to focus on my upcoming vacations and be happy!!! Thanks for a the well wishes everyone! You guys are the best.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I decided I sound very depressing so I am going to choose to focus on my upcoming vacations and be happy!!! Thanks for a the well wishes everyone! You guys are the best.

I am so SORRY that you are still sick… I hope that you get plenty of rest, and think about your upcoming vacas!!! P.S. TAKE ME WITH YOU!!! LOL :begging:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am so SORRY that you are still sick… I hope that you get plenty of rest, and think about your upcoming vacas!!! P.S. TAKE ME WITH YOU!!! LOL :begging:
sure, we would have a great time. March and May vacations are adult only, and July is family vacation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sure, we would have a great time. March and May vacations are adult only, and July is family vacation.

those meds kicking in -- feeling any better?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
those meds kicking in -- feeling any better?
I am feeling a bit better. The shingles are quite painful, but the infection pain seems less. Fingers crossed.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I am feeling a bit better. The shingles are quite painful, but the infection pain seems less. Fingers crossed.

Rosalie, you poor thing. I know shingles can be very painful as my mom had it twice--on her face and then on her torso. She had a very poor immune system so was prone to so many infections. I'm glad to read you are feeling a tad bit better. Get lots of rest --both physically and mentally !

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I'm glad to hear it… still sending prayers!!! :pray:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Get well soon, I hope the stonger meds really kick in! 4 months is a loooong time to be sick.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Glad there is some progress... hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel for you

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping you will soon be feeling much better so you can jump up off your onass.jpg and actually smile! smile.jpg You have had enough!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.