cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm going to put together a time capsule on New Year's Eve; I have been wracking my brain and thinking of things to put into this "capsule"--some thoughts: newspaper clippings of top headlines, a review of the movie, The Interview, some food fads--cronuts(??), a picture of Tate and Finn, an old cell phone...Not sure what else but i'll figure it out by tomorrow. I will bury it and then plan on un-burying it in 15 years :)

Have you ever made a time capsule?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We did in HS… I'm not even sure if they dug it up yet or not… Lol
What a neat idea… you should put in movie stubs, postcards (pics) from vaca's you took this year, and what about new recipes that you tried this year?!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
What a neat idea… you should put in movie stubs, postcards (pics) from vaca's you took this year, and what about new recipes that you tried this year?!!

those are good ideas, Tracey, thanks! I better make a note to myself too...to unearth the time capsule in 2029 and where i buried it, b/c i may forget about it! :w00t:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sounds like fun --- never did one and if I do one know I would never remember where it was in 15 years

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

those are good ideas, Tracey, thanks! I better make a note to myself too...to unearth the time capsule in 2029 and where i buried it, b/c i may forget about it! :w00t:

2014 EBN Calendar, vinyl record(s), CD(s), cassette tape, couple minature bottles of booze (preferably Scotch...might as well have something to drink and celebrate the past), currency, labesl from can/jars to name a few.

Whatever you do...do not put any weapons in there that you have used/not used. No evidence. :excited:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
good ones, [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION]! i thought for sure you were going to also add, "remnants of your leather sofa that Finn has chewed off and some duct tape samples too!!" :p

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
good ones, @rjisaterp! i thought for sure you were going to also add, "remnants of your leather sofa that Finn has chewed off and some duct tape samples too!!" :p

I figured you would take a picture of your couch(es) and leave a roll of the tape in the capsule. Add some of your favorite recipes....Artichoke Francaise (well one of mine).

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Can't say that i have. All I really have to do is open the huge trunk in my garage and sift through the 1000's of pictures that are in it for my time capsule.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Strange you brought this up, our neighbor just dug up one he did when he was a kid! He wanted to see how big the puppy got he put in it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.