Have you ever made a time capsule?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I made one when I was about 10 and buried in our back yard in Ohio in the house I grew up in. I completely forgot about it until I seen this post. That was 40 years ago, I would LOVE to find it, I have no idea what I put in it. WOW memories!! just can't remember WHAT. lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Strange you brought this up, our neighbor just dug up one he did when he was a kid! He wanted to see how big the puppy got he put in it.

This reminded me of a story… when our cat Midi died (he was 17 and diabetic) Lily was little, so we actually buried him and had a small funeral. WELL… about a month later Lily's teacher was asking the kids what they were going to do over the weekend. Lily told her teacher that she was going to dig up Midi and see how he was doing :eek: So her teacher sends me an e-mail wondering WHO Midi was?!! LMAO… boy did I have a talk w/my child… :giggle:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This reminded me of a story… when our cat Midi died (he was 17 and diabetic) Lily was little, so we actually buried him and had a small funeral. WELL… about a month later Lily's teacher was asking the kids what they were going to do over the weekend. Lily told her teacher that she was going to dig up Midi and see how he was doing :eek: So her teacher sends me an e-mail wondering WHO Midi was?!! LMAO… boy did I have a talk w/my child… :giggle:

Haaaaaaa!!! Thats to cute!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I made one when I was about 10 and buried in our back yard in Ohio in the house I grew up in. I completely forgot about it until I seen this post. That was 40 years ago, I would LOVE to find it, I have no idea what I put in it. WOW memories!! just can't remember WHAT. lol

Do you know the current owners of your hold house? maybe you can make a trip there one day and dig out the time capsule. That would be amazing to see what you put in there 40 years ago, Kelly!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], that's a crazy story and too funny!!! you had some splaining to do to Lily's teacher!:laugh:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene, that's a crazy story and too funny!!! you had some splaining to do to Lily's teacher!:laugh:

It reminded me of that movie Pet Cemetery… LMAO!!! My kids sometimes :blink: