Cookies for a cop

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I just wanted to share what my amazing friend Becky is doing for the community. Her one idea sparked and it took off! I have been blessed to watch her idea grow and take part in delivering some cookies one afternoon. It's great to see the smiles on people's faces.

'Cookies for a Cop' spreads to 9 states

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to read this… I think it's a wonderful idea :w00t: My friend Allison always bakes cookies on the holidays to give to the local police and firemen.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
This is really nice to see, especially with all the negativity going on around us everyday regarding the police. Police, firefighters, EMT's, and paramedics put their lives on the line for us and our familes each and everyday they leave their houses. They do not get to have holidays off to be with their families.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That is awesome! The police deserve and need some support at a time where it seems everyone is against them. Thanks to you and your friend Becky. They need to see that good people do appreciate what they do....
I remember in NYC after 9-11 the motto was "Remember The Heroes" How quickly they've been forgotten. It's sad and disturbing to say the least.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
You know what is really disturbing? That this thread only gets 4 replies...Makes you go hmmmmm.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think the kids and I will bring some to our local fire station and police department this weekend! Great idea!!! Maybe I'll even bring some hot sauce!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That is awesome! The police deserve and need some support at a time where it seems everyone is against them. Thanks to you and your friend Becky. They need to see that good people do appreciate what they do....
I remember in NYC after 9-11 the motto was "Remember The Heroes" How quickly they've been forgotten. It's sad and disturbing to say the least.

Becky is amazing. She comes from a family of service men. Her brother is a cincinnati police officer, she has a passion for service. i just adore her. it's amazing because it was only 2 weeks ago she thought of doing it just locally and now it's spread. Just goes to show the need of support these officers need.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the kids and I will bring some to our local fire station and police department this weekend! Great idea!!! Maybe I'll even being some hot sauce!
you should sign up and get Arizona on the map!!! She would love it!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well after yesterday's events I think that this cause is even MORE important. I'm absolutely heartsick over what happened this weekend, and SO angry at our leaders. My family is mostly military, but I consider police/fire/emergency crew family as well… this is an absolute OUTRAGE!!!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well after yesterday's events I think that this cause is even MORE important. I'm absolutely heartsick over what happened this weekend, and SO angry at our leaders. My family is mostly military, but I consider police/fire/emergency crew family as well… this is an absolute OUTRAGE!!!
I was with her Saturday when we found out. There were more and more people signing up to help on sunday. It's so incredibly sad and unfortunately I think we are going to hear more and more of this happening. She's off delivering cookies today so I hope that raises morale atleast in the states it's covering. All the news channels here have done stories on, it's a message that needs to be shared.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The kids were sick for the past days so we couldn't take cookies. Today they felt better so we decided to take cookies to the police station and fire station. They were super excited!

Sadly the police station was closed, although there was cars there, there was no answer when we tried knocking :( We will try again day after Christmas.

The fire station was also closed but they answered the door, and were so excited for the cookies they offered a full tour of the fire station! The kids got to explore all the vehicles, ambulance, fire engine and see the kitchen, work out room, and all the bedrooms too!

Here is some pictures of a Christmas Eve they will never forget! Thank you Jennie for the idea, it was so wonderful to show my kids how awesome the gift of giving is.

IMG_1432.jpgIMG_1433.jpgIMG_1437.jpg

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
The kids were sick for the past days so we couldn't take cookies. Today they felt better so we decided to take cookies to the police station and fire station. They were super excited!

Sadly the police station was closed, although there was cars there, there was no answer when we tried knocking :( We will try again day after Christmas.

The fire station was also closed but they answered the door, and were so excited for the cookies they offered a full tour of the fire station! The kids got to explore all the vehicles, ambulance, fire engine and see the kitchen, work out room, and all the bedrooms too!

Here is some pictures of a Christmas Eve they will never forget! Thank you Jennie for the idea, it was so wonderful to show my kids how awesome the gift of giving is.

View attachment 82119View attachment 82120View attachment 82121
Awww..that is awesome. Isn't giving awesome!! I hope the kids feel better and have a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.