Tips?

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Any tips on how to get dog hairs out of a fabric sofa? I must spend half my life brushing and hoovering the sofa?

Donna...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use blankets on my couch, but for stuck hairs I use duct tape wrapped around my hand sticky side out.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank you - trying to get the hairs off are a nightmare brushing and hoovering the sofa is like a gym work out on its own lol

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Lots of blankets; perferrably the quilted types and lint rollers, duct tape, a wet cloth, I have used a tarp under the blankets but the girls don't like the tarp. We have found that less is best so we are down to three chairs and a loveseat, the sofa was overrated and once the girls did their teething on it the cushions just weren't quit the same. :w00t: It had to go! Good luck!!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
The easiest cure is to get a leather or faux leather sofa :rofl:

Problem solved! :lmao:

lol I'm hoping to get a new leather sofa next year when she's finished her chewing stage, my girl likes to sneakly chomp on the bottom corner of the sofa when she thinks we're not looking [emoji2]

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
A really great trick is to get those sticky label holders that you put on the front of UPS or FED EX packages, the ones you peel and put on the package. They really do the trick with bully hair. :yes:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ditch it and get leather!! It is a life saver

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thankyou will give it a try, bully hair is a nightmare to get off I have to do my sofa every day, bully hair seems to stick to everything.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Ditch it and get leather!! It is a life saver

We are hopefully getting a leather one next year when rubes is out of her chewing stage, she likes to chew the corner of the sofa when she thinks we're not looking :-)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We are hopefully getting a leather one next year when rubes is out of her chewing stage, she likes to chew the corner of the sofa when she thinks we're not looking :-)

The little stinker! I love when they think they are being sneaky. We have had the same leather sectional for about 10yrs now. So it went through many puppy stages. We are getting a new one in January and hopefully:pray: there will not be any incidents.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Oh she is very sneaky, she likes to pretend she's playing with her toys, she'l gradually push them to the corner of sofa then when she thinks we're not looking she'l start on the corner lol they are great arnt they and so full of character, our sofa is only about 3yrs old but it's a nightmare to get the hairs off it, I've got to admit I don't want to keep her off the sofa as I love having bully cuddles - fabric and dogs just don't go together [emoji3]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's suggestions, and you have been given great tips. We have leather and it's great, I just use a Swiffer duster to remove most of the hair, and then I use a damp microfibre cloth with warm water and vinegar and a couple of drops of Dove dish soap, and wipe the couch down. For the floors, we sweep, Swiffer and vacuum on Wednesdays, and on Sunday, we vacuum, sweep, Swiffer and damp mop. We have all hard wood floors, and no carpeting except in the basement, which is a flat carpet, but the dogs don't go down there much, they don't like the stairs so we don't get much hair down there. It also helps to change the filters in the furnace once a month, and vacuum the air ducts as well to minimize the hair floating in the air. For a fabric couch, it's best to put a blanket or a sheet or furniture type protector over the cushions where the dogs sleep, and throw them in the wash when they get really hairy. To remove the hairs vacuuming the cushions, and using tape or the sticky roller lint removers work as others have suggested. I don't think we'll ever be fully de- furred , but we love our bullies and so we accept the hair. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Leather furniture :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online