ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
All I want for Christmas is to be with my kids. And that's not going to happen. Please keep us in your prayers. We're both having a tough time with this. Bill is trying to fly me down to Texas--even for a few days--but my schedule is crap.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending lots of hugs and prayers something works out for you..... :hug:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@ChrisRN Sending prayers for you, that you Christmas wish will come true! Take the time anyway, one never knows what life has in store.......

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
We too hope things work out for you. This is a bad time of the year for health care professionals. Been there and done that. Again we hope all works out.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Hope it works out for you also, hugs and prayers!!! :smoochwink:

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thank you all for your support. This time of year is hard for me. Last night when I was going through all the old Christmas ornaments to give some to my mom for her new little tree, I found some that my kids made when they were little. :tissue: My mother has no clue how to support someone when they're in the frame of mind I was in after going through that stuff. She is difficult at best, and a real b**** at her worst. She's part of the reason I can't go to Dallas this season. She refuses to travel and doesn't want to be alone for the holidays.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope all your Christmas plans work out, I can feel your sadness in your words, you must miss them so much. :hug:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Your post just breaks my heart, I'm so sorry… :( I hope that somehow you can get a chance to fly down there for a couple of days or something. I miss spending the holidays w/my mom & brother and his family, but we get together at Thanksgiving. It becomes too complicated over Christmas...

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I found out this morning that my sister-in-law (also in Dallas) has stage four metastatic lung cancer. They thought that they had gotten the tumor and were treating, but the cancer is very aggressive and has spread everywhere. I guess I don't have it so bad after all. :nope:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I found out this morning that my sister-in-law (also in Dallas) has stage four metastatic lung cancer. They thought that they had gotten the tumor and were treating, but the cancer is very aggressive and has spread everywhere. I guess I don't have it so bad after all. :nope:

OMG... Chris, so sorry! sending many prayers to her and you :hug:

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
OMG... Chris, so sorry! sending many prayers to her and you :hug:

Thanks, Christine. You know, when you are feeling sorry for yourself, the man upstairs always finds a way to put things in perspective. My sister-in-law and I were once very close, but not for several years. We were heavily involved in politics. It was once said about her that if she didn't support a candidate for office, they didn't stand a chance of winning in Texas. All those years of smoking caught up with her. :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks, Christine. You know, when you are feeling sorry for yourself, the man upstairs always finds a way to put things in perspective. My sister-in-law and I were once very close, but not for several years. We were heavily involved in politics. It was once said about her that if she didn't support a candidate for office, they didn't stand a chance of winning in Texas. All those years of smoking caught up with her. :(

So, true.... when you think you have it bad or life is hitting you hard, something comes along to let you know -- you actullay are doing OK. I also found out that my best friend has breast cancer, she found out a couple days before Banks past and held off telling me till this past weekend. She is only 44 and has many tough decisions in front of her. Why does it seem that Novemebr/December tends to vring us some of the toughest news :(

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
So, true.... when you think you have it bad or life is hitting you hard, something comes along to let you know -- you actullay are doing OK. I also found out that my best friend has breast cancer, she found out a couple days before Banks past and held off telling me till this past weekend. She is only 44 and has many tough decisions in front of her. Why does it seem that Novemebr/December tends to vring us some of the toughest news :(

I don't know. Are we just more aware of things at this time of year? I don't know about you, but I hate to get bad news anytime, but especially during the holidays. Putting Trixie down two years ago during the week before Christmas was devastating. I didn't think we'd get over it--until I met Mabel!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online