ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I found out this morning that my sister-in-law (also in Dallas) has stage four metastatic lung cancer. They thought that they had gotten the tumor and were treating, but the cancer is very aggressive and has spread everywhere. I guess I don't have it so bad after all. :nope:

OMG Chris, I'm so very sorry… sending prayers!!! :pray:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So, true.... when you think you have it bad or life is hitting you hard, something comes along to let you know -- you actullay are doing OK. I also found out that my best friend has breast cancer, she found out a couple days before Banks past and held off telling me till this past weekend. She is only 44 and has many tough decisions in front of her. Why does it seem that Novemebr/December tends to vring us some of the toughest news :(

Christine, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( I'm sending you prayers as well…

I agree that Nov/Dec seems to be the worst… I think it's because everywhere you look they are reminding you it's the "happiest time of the year", but the reality is that many people are dealing w/heartbreaking issues.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Christine, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :( I'm sending you prayers as well…

I agree that Nov/Dec seems to be the worst… I think it's because everywhere you look they are reminding you it's the "happiest time of the year", but the reality is that many people are dealing w/heartbreaking issues.

Thank you Tracey!... agreed -- and next week for you will be tough :hug:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thank you all for your support. This time of year is hard for me. Last night when I was going through all the old Christmas ornaments to give some to my mom for her new little tree, I found some that my kids made when they were little. :tissue: My mother has no clue how to support someone when they're in the frame of mind I was in after going through that stuff. She is difficult at best, and a real b**** at her worst. She's part of the reason I can't go to Dallas this season. She refuses to travel and doesn't want to be alone for the holidays.

I hope everything works out for you. I know it's nowhere near the same, but if things do not work out, you really should try video chat, Skype or a laptop camera type thing. You can have a live feed to each other and enjoy the evening with them

Most Reactions