Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Steve Miller Band ā€“ Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra ā€“
Rock Music and Symphony Fusion ā€“ Are you kidding me?

So couple of years ago, Steve Miller of Steve Miller Band himself approached Pacific Symphony on a possible collaboration concert to to benefit his ā€œkids rock freeā€ program. Under the program, poor children who are unable to afford music lessons are afforded music education for free.
Behind the song. While Iā€™m Waiting was part of Steve Miller Bandā€™s greatest hits in 1978. Incidentally, Steve Miller only sang it in that album so he needs to be handed the sing using the lyric sheet as he has forgotten the words to the song.
My daughter was one of the upright bass players. She eventually became the principal. At the time of the Steve Miller/Pacific Symphony project announcement, my daughter came home with somewhat cautious excitement in her voice, yaay we are going to perform for Steve Millerā€¦. then she said, who in the heck is Steve Miller. - well Steve Miller was a stud in the 70ā€™s. If this was Taylor Swift or One Direction weā€™re talking about, she probably would have died.
Please excuse the video quality.
Anyway here is Steve Miller with the world famous Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra at the fender museum ā€“ Corona, CA.

OP
harveyspecter

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Abracadabra!!! - Pacific Symphony Youth going off at 5:40

As you see Steve Miller crew is the original from the 70's. Interestingly, one of Steve Miller's wingman, the one dancing his tail off, my daughter said he came limping with a cane before the concert (LMAO).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ha!ha! Us old rockers-now we need rockers(and walkers...) You must be extremely proud of your daughter! It's kinda' funny, she says" Yay!Who is he?!":laugh:

OP
harveyspecter

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Ha!ha! Us old rockers-now we need rockers(and walkers...) You must be extremely proud of your daughter! It's kinda' funny, she says" Yay!Who is he?!":laugh:

Lynn you are one smart & hilarious creature of God. You nailed it. Once a rocker now a cane and a walker. hihihi :dance2::happydance::haha:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW you must be VERY proud of your daughterā€¦
I totally remember Steve Miller Band, and I think that it's great he's still rocking even w/his caneā€¦ LOL

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online