cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Has anyone ever bought a Bark Box before? Just curious b/c today there's a special where you buy a box and you get another one free to give to a rescue.

I like the idea of giving/receiving a box of goodies every month but wondering if it's something worthwhile.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus has too many allergies to get something like that. I think it has treats in it. He also can only have certain toys. Giving it to a rescue is a nice idea though.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Never heard of it before. But if it is for a lw price etc...I do not think i would sign up for it due to the pot luck of goodies that might not be bully friendly.

As far as donations to a rescue...I can donate to our local rescues instead of relying on the profits from a business going to a rescue..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Brutus has too many allergies to get something like that. I think it has treats in it. He also can only have certain toys. Giving it to a rescue is a nice idea though.

Same reason I never did... allergies and Banks was a destoryer

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I just like the concept of getting a "surprise" box every month. I guess more for me than my bulldogs though! But true, you cannot control what they put into the box and some items wouldn't be appropriate for all our bullies. I wish there was a way to have a more "customized' box sent. I did read that most of the toys are from US or Canada, treats are from US and they try to get the best ingredients, organic, etc...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have never tried them, but curious as to what they put in them.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have seen that too Henny, but I figured most of the stuff we couldn't use anyway… I agree they should let you somewhat customize the box!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I went ahead and got a 6month subscription. The reviews were pretty favorable overall and I used a Groupon :) It will be the boys' Christmas present and I figured I could have them test it out for a few months, then cancel if it's not for us. Also, their "mascot" is an English Bulldog so how could I resist?!

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
We tried it too. In our first box we got coconut flakes, rabbit jerky and 2 toys that trigger couldn't have. They were not tough enough for him. Brought them to shelter. ( Trigger wrecks everything. .. everything. .... yes, everything. Winston doesn't play with toys. ) I emailed them and they changed ours to "strong chewer" ;) they can't guarantee the toys will withstand a bully destroyer, which I understand. The next box had one sturdy toy and one that was holiday related (a rubberish turkey leg squeaker) and some yummy treats. Any treats they can't eat I bring to our local shelter. It does say they guarantee the stuff but when I called about the toys they did not send any replacement toys. I still look forward to it though. Have fun! !

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We tried it too. In our first box we got coconut flakes, rabbit jerky and 2 toys that trigger couldn't have. They were not tough enough for him. Brought them to shelter. ( Trigger wrecks everything. .. everything. .... yes, everything. Winston doesn't play with toys. ) I emailed them and they changed ours to "strong chewer" ;) they can't guarantee the toys will withstand a bully destroyer, which I understand. The next box had one sturdy toy and one that was holiday related (a rubberish turkey leg squeaker) and some yummy treats. Any treats they can't eat I bring to our local shelter. It does say they guarantee the stuff but when I called about the toys they did not send any replacement toys. I still look forward to it though. Have fun! !

thanks for sharing your experience w/the box. Do u still subscribe to it now? We are looking forward to it! :yes:

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
thanks for sharing your experience w/the box. Do u still subscribe to it now? We are looking forward to it! :yes:
Yes, we have a few more coming and will reevaluate if we continue. Only because of trigger and my own selfishness - I hate seeing toys last 2 minutes....

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I don't do those boxes because the toys aren't very bully friend - aka can be ripped apart in 5 seconds flat -- and the treats contain grains. My Ruckus is a heavy chewer though, so maybe you'd have different luck.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't do those boxes because the toys aren't very bully friend - aka can be ripped apart in 5 seconds flat -- and the treats contain grains. My Ruckus is a heavy chewer though, so maybe you'd have different luck.

so far, so good with the Bark Box. The toys are actually pretty durable but Tate is mainly the one who plays with them b/c Finn is only interested in his football and pretty much, nothing else toy-wise. Tate is not a super hard chewer so this has helped with the longevity of the toys. Some of the snacks are grain-free, some are not so it's a mixed bag but everything, with the exception of the beef trachea, has been very good.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I just like the concept of getting a "surprise" box every month. I guess more for me than my bulldogs though! But true, you cannot control what they put into the box and some items wouldn't be appropriate for all our bullies. I wish there was a way to have a more "customized' box sent. I did read that most of the toys are from US or Canada, treats are from US and they try to get the best ingredients, organic, etc...

If it's for you, my mom and my sister get something called a "glossy box." Every month they get a bunch of beauty products. Not sure how much it is but they LOVE it! I love surprises too!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online