vacation planning is such a hassle

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I just want to go to mass at the Vatican sometime in my life. Other
than that there is no real reason for me to leave the States again.
High upon my list is Yellowstone. And camping at the Grand Canyon.
The Grand Canyon is my favorite place I have ever been to. I have been
there 5 times, and it takes my breath away every time. I would love to
go andcamp there for a couple of weeks and just take it all in.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I like camping too. I just prefer to do mine by large bodies of water. I've been In love with the ocean since i was 3. I can't stay away long which is hard since i live in the middle of farm country int the Midwest :*(. This summer we decided on 5 minutes notice to drive 18 hours to the beach on a 4 day weekend. Just got in the car and went and bought a tent when we got there. I would love to live by the beach .. I just don't think it's in the budget yet:( [MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION] I am not catholic but I have always wanted to go to mass at the Vatican so I totally understand but right now sunshine and sand win out.

L

Lucy-licious

Tbh if we had better summers i would prob never leave the UK,
This yr we arnt holidaying abroard at all cos i dont wanna leave Lucy
Havnt decided where to go yet though....i fancy goin to Scotland to one of the Lochs
But not sure my son would enjoy it....not a lot to do except walk and enjoy the spectacular views
So think we will prob end up in Cornwall and enjoy the sand, sea and surf (if the weather permits)

We went to florida in 2009 and i fell in love....waitin for Connor to grow up and Chris and I will return to the states
We are plannin to drive from the East coast to West coast not sure where that will take us
But thats our dream holiday...hope its not just gonna be a pipe dream!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
idk if driving east coast to west coast will be quite enjoyable as your thinking depending on the route your plan on taking you may not see a lot except farm land if you cut across the middle of the us. If you drive down the coast and follow it around that would be nice ..but very long.

L

Lucy-licious

All we know for now is we wanna start at newyork travel down to miami on the altlantic coast then somehow get accross to california and the pacific coast. It needs refining and planning but it'll be another 7-8 yrs atleast before we make the trip around my 50th bday :)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I just want to go to mass at the Vatican sometime in my life. Other
than that there is no real reason for me to leave the States again.
High upon my list is Yellowstone. And camping at the Grand Canyon.
The Grand Canyon is my favorite place I have ever been to. I have been
there 5 times, and it takes my breath away every time. I would love to
go andcamp there for a couple of weeks and just take it all in.

There isn't any picture, video, etc that can prepare you for how magnificent the Grand Canyon is! So beautiful! And I am with you on Yellowstone, I want to go SOOO bad! I love camping :)

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] No there isn't. I would almost take a job emptying
the trash there just so I could spend my life there. The last time I went
it was just a friend of mine and myself. I just set on the rock and though
about how small thing in life really are when there are wonderful places
like this to see and be a part of. I don't know if that makes since to anyone
but me. But when I'm at the Grand Canyon things seem to just melt away. I just set
there in ahhh of what God created.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] No there isn't. I would almost take a job emptying
the trash there just so I could spend my life there. The last time I went
it was just a friend of mine and myself. I just set on the rock and though
about how small thing in life really are when there are wonderful places
like this to see and be a part of. I don't know if that makes since to anyone
but me. But when I'm at the Grand Canyon things seem to just melt away. I just set
there in ahhh of what God created.

I definitely know what you mean. We go to the Sierra Nevada mountains here in California for a week every summer and I do the same thing, all those problems at home seem to melt away when you are sitting in such paradise and natural beauty :)

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
All this talk makes me wanna get out this snow already.
Bring on summer!!

kiss1069

Dec 30, 2010
Amarillo,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Coda
P.R. i wouldnt do mexico..but they do have some tours in mexico now that put you thru a faux kidnapping or smuggling just so you know what its like when people are trying to cross over to the U.S.A. a bit sick but they got them going...Hawaii sounds great but all my friends say its way expensive even at McDonalds...we still have alot of country we havnt seen here so before i get on a jet plane and head over the waters, were gonna explore the good ole US of A...done the whole south west down to Louisianna so far so next is the northwest then head to the east coast

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.