dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I think after hearing lexterwaynes account a cruise is definantly not for me. I like some of the tourist things but I would be jsut as happy sitting on a quiet beach all day or walking in the rain forrest somewhere. I was really thinking about cozumel because of the national parks one of which is a coral reef the food I:heart::heart::heart: mexican food and the ruins which i would love to see. But ther is a lot of crime there now so that is probably out of the question :(

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we were actually planning a vacation to cabo for feb but stuff came up and so vac just isnt the option right now :*( i went like 3 yrs ago to cancun and ive always been told when in mexico and jamaica DO NOT GO ANYWHERE BY YOURSELF DONT TALK TO ANYONE JUST KEEP WALKING!!! if you stay within your hotel and stay in your group or stay around a big group its gonna be less likely of anything happening to you. stay in lighted areas never go in a dark places especially alone. and really the big tourist towns like cozumel cancun cabo etc its not gonna be as bad as when your close to the cali/texas border. just go and have a good time but be responsible and have common sense if you dont feel good about something then dont go lol...

dont get me wrong cruises are a blast if you have the money to spend. and you dont have to get off at any of the ports you can stay on the ship if you want. if you wanna just go look around you can and then go back to the ship. :)

Last edited:
OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] I have decided on ( insert drum roll here) Hawaii!! NO passports needed .. No worry about getting kidnapped or not speaking the language., And beautiful water as far as the eye can see. Thanks Telly for the help now i just need some insider information on things not to be missed while im there. Also which island should i stay on? Also is there anything i should avoid while there ie. tourist traps. I know that I want to go see the volcanoes and mostly the beach but im totally open to ideas. Yay i can't wait!! also what was that you were saying about a bulldog fix?;)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
You're lucky. I actually had two airline tickets and a hotel booked to Maui about three years ago ... when the airlines started folding. The airline I had tickets through went out of business and there went my trip. Good thing too, Bentley tore his ACL right before we were supposed to leave!

Have fun...take pics!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I've only been to one island in Hawaii, the big island and we stayed in the town of Kona. GREAT place! My mom has been lots of times and she prefers it there. The Big Island has the volcano national park, a beautiful black sand beach, the thing we did most there was snorkeling. Wonderful experience!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] OK, that was the easy part :lol: because you have just opened the door to a slew of options that you need chew on... First off, which island or islands? Also for [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] who was planning a trip as well

Oahu - This is the crowded island... three quarters of Hawaii's population lives here. If your looking for the relaxed "old Hawaii" experience, you probably do not want to spend your entire trip here, if any. There is plenty to do here though

---- The Arizona Memorial is the most visited Hawaiian attraction. Arrive early as there is a line and it is "first come first served"
---- The Polynesian Culture Center is one of my fav place to bring visitors as it is a full day of visiting displays, activities and shows from the Pacific Islands, and at the end of the day you are able to enjoy a Luau and a really good show. You will be exhausted by the end of the day.
---- There are other Luau's available if interested, such as Germaine's and Paradise Cove
---- Waikiki Beach is overated in my opinion... very crowded, but I guess that is where most the hotels are, and the famous Daimond Head in the background.
---- Kailua Beach is probably the prettiest beach of all the islands, and it is on the prettiest side of the island (Windward/East)
---- Watersports are avail on all islands if your interested in parasailing or fishing. My personal best so far is a 200 pound Marlin, but I'm not done yet.
---- Koolau Ranch has activities such as ATV rentals, horse back riding, catamaran ride and a movie set tour. This is where they filmed several movies including Lost, Mighty Joe Young, 51st Dates, and many others.
---- These are just a few of the attractions

Maui
---- This is more laid back with some cool Hippee towns and shops, as well as some incredible restaurants.
---- The drive to Hana is really pretty, but long and winding. I heard it can test your marriage, but we handled it just fine... plenty places to stop for a short hike to pools.
---- Drive up to the mountain peak to watch the sunrise and renting a bike to ride down is also fun.

Kauai
---- This is the prettiest most lush island with a large canyon that is quite a sight to fly over in a helicopter, and the fern grotto is really nice.

Hawaii
---- This is the largest of the islands with varied climates.
---- This is a must visit if you want to see a volcano. The Volcano Nat Park just outside of Kona is pretty amazing and is another great place for a helicopter tour, although just exploring by car is pretty cool in itself.
---- Visiting a black sand beach is a unique experience
---- If your an Astronomy buff, then you can arrange a tour on top of the huge mountain that has massive telescopes. It is quite an experience to watch the sun go down and to witness the shadow of the mountain move across the island. Makes you feel like your on top of the world. It does get cold on top of the mountain though and at times has snow.

If you and kazzy would like to message me your addresses, I would be happy to send you some island guides in the mail to get you started... then you can start throwing questions at me.

Oh yes, and of course you have to stop by to visit Moe and have lunch... would love to meet you.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] can you give good info on wedding stuff as well?

yay congrats so glad you found a spot i cant wait to go!!!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] I personally do not have any experience with weddings here... I got hitched in Kentucky.

You will find numerous outfits that will plan a Hawaiian wedding for you from a Google search, but I don't know the reputation of any of them. There are of course several islands to choose from, but if I was to plan for a wedding on this island though (Oahu), I personally would consider something at the Turtle Bay Resort, which is a very nice, romantic and relaxing resort that is up at the North Shore, away from the Waikiki hustle and bustle. Actually that is the resort at which the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was filmed. I was there while they were filming the movie and I found (not stole) the entire script and daily schedule for the lead actress... I didn't know who to turn it in to, so I kept it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Here are some links that may give you an idea for a Turtle Bay wedding:

Hawaiian Vacations: Turtle Bay Resort Spa North Shore Oahu Hawaii Islands hotels golf getaways packages weddings meetings facilities suites restaurants dining accommodations attractions

Hawaii Weddings Packages: Turtle Bay Resort Hawaii Luxury Wedding Receptions Honeymoons Planning

Oahu Weddings, Turtle Bay Resort Honeymoon & Beach Oahu Wedding, Oahu Wedding Package, Weddings in Oahu

Oahu Weddings, Turtle Bay Resort Glass Chapel Oahu Wedding, Chapel Weddings in Oahu

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I want to go to Europe. Not exactly beachy,
but I'm sure they have some too.

Ahem [MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION] ... I'll have you know that there are alot of beaches in Europe ... Spain, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Turkey, Italy, and Skegness just to name a few. Isn't that right [MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION]!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
thanks @Telly03 we wont do anything till 2012 but ive been lookin around but wasnt really sure what isalnd would be best thanks alot for your help ill look at everything....o thanks again!! haha im sure you "found" it im sure you snuck your way in there and grabbed it and im sure you took some other things ;)

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] Yay ... you're getting married .... HOW EXCITING!!!!! :luv:

[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] I'll pm you my address now but our trip will be 2012 so not in a HUGE hurry to organise things but it will keep the hubby interested if he's got stuff that he can look at and research!!! :up:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
@kazzy220 well we arent engaged yet. we want to live together for 2 years before anything and after a yr of living together april we will get engaged sometime after that and i have no idea when lol and around the 2nd yr we will get married. i know its crazy but we wanna do that so we know if we can get along before settling and to make sure we are right for each other

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
@kazzy220 well we arent engaged yet. we want to live together for 2 years before anything and after a yr of living together april we will get engaged sometime after that and i have no idea when lol and around the 2nd yr we will get married. i know its crazy but we wanna do that so we know if we can get along before settling and to make sure we are right for each other

Shock Horror [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] .... but you have to get married now that you have a hairy bully-child together!!! :p

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] that is right we need to do it for the kids bahahahahaha... and since jeff adopted bo as his own we have 2 crazy boys :lol:

L

Lucy-licious

Ahem [MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION] ... I'll have you know that there are alot of beaches in Europe ... Spain, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Turkey, Italy, and Skegness just to name a few. Isn't that right [MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION]!!!

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] is absolutely right [MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION] there are some beautiful beaches in Europe,
In england alone there are some amazing coastlines...Cornwalls beaches are to die for, the east coast Scarbourough to Skegness is also pretty amazin......however its damn cold most of the year with maybe only 2 wks warm weather last yr, Uk is not a place to visit for sunshine.

However there is warm weather and gorgeous beaches in the rest of Europe Spain, Italy, Portugal, if u like ruins and something to see though I would personally recommend Rhodes, lots of history and beautiful coastline amazin little coves and turqoise sea....my fave greek island by far :)

Most Reactions