vacation planning is such a hassle

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
For christmas I was given a one week vaction to wherever I wanted to go. Well I know i want to go to the beach. Im thinking puerto rico cayman islands or cozumel mexico. ANy suggestions ? Has anyone been to these places? Also I am trying to get the best deal I can but it is such a head ache. Help:confused:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I second what [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] said. Even when it's raining it's great. :yes:

I heard Aruba is a great place to go to too.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I want to go to Europe. Not exactly beachy,
but I'm sure they have some too.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have been to the Caymen Islands, and Cozumel, all on a 5 night 6 day cruise out of Tampa. It was fantastic and everything is included EXCEPT alcohol. It was cheaper than booking a flight, buying all our food and not knowing what to do. On the cruise ship everything is laid out for you. I actually swam with the wild stingrays. It was on the Carnival Insperation. Check it out. I also took another cruise 3 months later out of Orlando Carnival Sensation, to the Bahamas and Atlantis, Atlantis was fantastic, that trip was OK, the Bahamas is kind of Ghetto believe it or not, but it was 300.00 per person and again all food and fun was included. That was a 4 night 5 day cruise.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
All good options I would just personally say no to Mexico. I'd be afraid to go anywhere in Mexico right now because of all the violence they have going on there right now :(

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@TessaAndSamson i totally forgot about that that is kinda scary. if i get kidnapped and help hostage noone will pay my ransome so as much as i would love to go to mexico maaybe your right. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] i thought about a cruise but i think i want to spent more time seeing things adn being in the ocean than on it . How long do you usually get when you make stops on a cruise?
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] how warm is it there right now and how warm is the water?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] I am sure Telly can tell you better but when I went to Hawaii we went to Kona on the Big Island. Awesome place if you choose Hawaii! But the water was nice and warm, like a luke warm bath!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Sounds amazing an no passport needed so that is a bonus. I hear it's extremely expensive thouugh. That seems to be the only downside. Even though it's a gift I am still an extremley frugal person:bust: I cant help it lol.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] Right now the high is 80 and the low is 69... typically you can expect the highs to be in low 80s in the Winter with an occasional dip to 78-79, and stays comfortable in the summer with the highs in upper 80s. The key to the comfort here is the trade winds keeping the humidity low... sometimes we lose the trade winds for a couple days though, and things get sticky.

The water temp is typically around 77 in the winter and 82 in the summer... this is cooler than the Gulf Coast and Florida in the summer, but warmer in the winter.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
been to caymon and cozumel both on cruises never to p.r.... they are both great if you go the best bet is to do a all inclusive deal and make sure the alcohol drinks are included some hotels include it some dont :( at these places you can eat at the resturants for free some have up to 3 resturants and maybe one nite go eat somewhere on the town, its nice cause you really wont have to leave the hotel at all unless you go shopping and most hotels even have nice gift shops inside.... also you can book a excursion through the hotel.
cruises are alot of fun ive been on 3 carnival cruises and it can get really expensive fast if you dont watch. alcohol drinks are extremely outrages in price you could spend 100 dollars easy on drinks in one day (if your a drinker). now if you just drink sodas then its free. the only bad thing is when you port at each location you have so long to do whatever you want then you have to be back on the ship at a certain time. i believe one stop is a all day deal and the other is half a day. so if you wanna go do a excursion you have to make sure you book it at a time that you make sure you can get there on time and back to boat on time depending on how far you go and they will leave you!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online