Show me your snow.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hah hah... Year 6 of snow hunting... We go all the way to New Hampshire to visit my cousin who guaranteed snow - she said, she's lived in NH for 20 years now and it is ALWAYS a white Christmas... so we drive all the way there, made it by Christmas Eve, had the traditional Christmas dinner, caroling, church... and woke up very early Christmas morning very excited to see... THIS:

09199D01-FFBA-4B3A-97B6-CD89C5517978_zpsmcwuofog.jpg

My cousin is now convinced my kids are the cause for Global Warming. LOL. So we drive all the way to Kittery, Maine to the best lobster place in New England (or so they say) and there is still no snow.

So, my cousin drove us 1.5 hours to Gunstock Mountain Ski Resort where there is always snow on the ground even if it's not snowing. And this is the ski slope:
FE2AD19C-F63A-49C4-9402-24179D0D6901_zpsojvvaj91.jpg

There's a lot of dirt but there was snow and they had snow-making machines to put more snow - the resort staff were on the slopes in t-shirts! We were, of course, bundled up like Eskimos because it was in the high 40's and that to us is very very cold. So there was still a lot of ski-ing and snowboarding and snow-tubing and it was AWESOME!

But, my younger kid did the snow-tubing - there was not enough snow to go all the way up the mountain, so the snow-tubing lanes were only half-way up which is still fun for me but was not as exciting for my kid as THIS:

My other kid wants to try snowboarding but there were no lessons offered. My kid says - but I can skateboard, it shouldn't be that hard - and I'm like, uhm... I'm really trying to avoid a trip to the ER in New Hampshire so let's just stick with the snowtubes. And of course, my husband goes - just let the kid snowboard, he'll be fine, and they have paramedics here. Yeah, that is classic Mr. and Mrs. Anatess conflict right there... Fortunately, the guy who rented out the boards was a Floridian so he spent extra time telling my kid how to handle the snowboard going up the lift and what to do when the lift reaches the top and how to slow the board going down the slope and how to steer, etc, while he was fitting him in the room with all the boards... Well, surprise, surprise... my kid can actually snowboard too. This is his 3rd run down the steeper beginner slope which almost gave me a heart attack! You will hear me squeak and at that point my heart got lodged up my throat and I stopped breathing...

We spent 2 days in Gunstock and then went to visit more family. Camelback Resort - where we scheduled to go next - was closed... no snow! - so my heart was safe for the rest of the trip.

Anyway, this was one Fantabulous Winter Vacation! The dogs, meanwhile were safe and sound in 60's and 70's weather with the house sitter who spoiled them rotten. LOL.

LMAO... no wonder we haven't gpotten any snow yet -- you were up north! Great vacation -- thanks for sharing and happy to hear all are safe and sound at home!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] Thanks for the great photos, and I just loved seeing the videos-so cool!! Lucky boy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online