Show me your snow.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Well, there's no snow in Florida so...

But... every year in December we drive up north to look for snow. We've been doing this for 5 years and we still have not seen snow falling (well, not the snow-machine snow at least)... We've been to Cleveland, Buffalo, New Jersey, Louisville... no snow.

Last year, we went to New Jersey and we were so excited because right before we left, there was a big snowstorm that buried Princeton in many feet of snow! We start driving and Princeton hit 70 degrees... 2 days later, we arrive and there was no snow on the ground anymore. So, we have all these big bulky jackets and such and the whole week of Christmas, the temps stayed above 50. So, after Christmas, we drive back to Florida... and THE VERY NEXT DAY... snowstorm in Princeton.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I'm in New England, not looking forward to the storm tomorrow [emoji301]️[emoji300]️

I am south of you and agree to not looking forward because we head 2.5 hours to the west tomorrow for dinner with the folks. Although we are just on the dusting to 1 inch edge of the storm, a lot of Marylanders do not know how to drive in the stuff. There are suppose to be more snow to the west so we will stay tuned.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We are expecting some of this stuff tomorrow in what is called a Nor'easter. We are forecasted for 1-3 inches where I live with more in the western part of Maryland where the in-laws live. North of here in New York and New England expecting 9-12 inches. I am glad I do not live in Buffalo, NY.

A blonde driving a car became lost in a snowstorm.
She didn't panic however, because she remembered what her dad had once told her. "If you ever get stuck in a snowstorm, just wait for a snow plow to come by and follow it."
Sure enough, pretty soon a snow plow came by, and she started to follow it.
She followed the plow for about forty-five minutes.
Finally the driver of the truck got out and asked her what she was doing.
And she explained that her dad had told her if she ever got stuck in a snow storm, to follow a plow.
The driver nodded and said, "Well, I'm done with the Wal-Mart parking lot, do you want to follow me over to Best Buy now?" :w00t:

Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, there's no snow in Florida so...

But... every year in December we drive up north to look for snow. We've been doing this for 5 years and we still have not seen snow falling (well, not the snow-machine snow at least)... We've been to Cleveland, Buffalo, New Jersey, Louisville... no snow.

Last year, we went to New Jersey and we were so excited because right before we left, there was a big snowstorm that buried Princeton in many feet of snow! We start driving and Princeton hit 70 degrees... 2 days later, we arrive and there was no snow on the ground anymore. So, we have all these big bulky jackets and such and the whole week of Christmas, the temps stayed above 50. So, after Christmas, we drive back to Florida... and THE VERY NEXT DAY... snowstorm in Princeton.

Well, whoever you are visiting in Princton must LOVE when you do... you stop the snow from coming

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
I am south of you and agree to not looking forward because we head 2.5 hours to the west tomorrow for dinner with the folks. Although we are just on the dusting to 1 inch edge of the storm, a lot of Marylanders do not know how to drive in the stuff. There are suppose to be more snow to the west so we will stay tuned.

Yeah, that's the worst. At least most people here know how to drive in snow. My parents live in NC and say that the whole place shuts down with a little snow. I have to drive an hour tomorrow but thankfully I have a jeep that's great in the snow. Happy Thanksgiving [emoji490][emoji486]. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417019129.633613.jpg
It just started snowing

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Yeah, that's the worst. At least most people here know how to drive in snow. My parents live in NC and say that the whole place shuts down with a little snow. I have to drive an hour tomorrow but thankfully I have a jeep that's great in the snow. Happy Thanksgiving [emoji490][emoji486]. View attachment 81044
It just started snowing

Well we will be on the road tomorrow morning for 2.5 hours (I hope). It just started snowing here.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@rjisaterp Is that 81? Speaking of Maryland drivers--(NOT YOU, of course) but the closer you get to D.C,, like on 66-they don't drive-it's survival of the wildest!! Stay safe and have a great day!! Hope there is not too much snow on your way home!!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@rjisaterp Is that 81? Speaking of Maryland drivers--(NOT YOU, of course) but the closer you get to D.C,, like on 66-they don't drive-it's survival of the wildest!! Stay safe and have a great day!! Hope there is not too much snow on your way home!!

I-70 Westbound between hagerstown and I-68 for first two photos. Third photo I-68 Westbound. Martin's Mountain next to Rocky Gap Park.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Well, whoever you are visiting in Princton must LOVE when you do... you stop the snow from coming

Hah hah... Year 6 of snow hunting... We go all the way to New Hampshire to visit my cousin who guaranteed snow - she said, she's lived in NH for 20 years now and it is ALWAYS a white Christmas... so we drive all the way there, made it by Christmas Eve, had the traditional Christmas dinner, caroling, church... and woke up very early Christmas morning very excited to see... THIS:

09199D01-FFBA-4B3A-97B6-CD89C5517978_zpsmcwuofog.jpg

My cousin is now convinced my kids are the cause for Global Warming. LOL. So we drive all the way to Kittery, Maine to the best lobster place in New England (or so they say) and there is still no snow.

So, my cousin drove us 1.5 hours to Gunstock Mountain Ski Resort where there is always snow on the ground even if it's not snowing. And this is the ski slope:
FE2AD19C-F63A-49C4-9402-24179D0D6901_zpsojvvaj91.jpg

There's a lot of dirt but there was snow and they had snow-making machines to put more snow - the resort staff were on the slopes in t-shirts! We were, of course, bundled up like Eskimos because it was in the high 40's and that to us is very very cold. So there was still a lot of ski-ing and snowboarding and snow-tubing and it was AWESOME!

But, my younger kid did the snow-tubing - there was not enough snow to go all the way up the mountain, so the snow-tubing lanes were only half-way up which is still fun for me but was not as exciting for my kid as THIS:

My other kid wants to try snowboarding but there were no lessons offered. My kid says - but I can skateboard, it shouldn't be that hard - and I'm like, uhm... I'm really trying to avoid a trip to the ER in New Hampshire so let's just stick with the snowtubes. And of course, my husband goes - just let the kid snowboard, he'll be fine, and they have paramedics here. Yeah, that is classic Mr. and Mrs. Anatess conflict right there... Fortunately, the guy who rented out the boards was a Floridian so he spent extra time telling my kid how to handle the snowboard going up the lift and what to do when the lift reaches the top and how to slow the board going down the slope and how to steer, etc, while he was fitting him in the room with all the boards... Well, surprise, surprise... my kid can actually snowboard too. This is his 3rd run down the steeper beginner slope which almost gave me a heart attack! You will hear me squeak and at that point my heart got lodged up my throat and I stopped breathing...

We spent 2 days in Gunstock and then went to visit more family. Camelback Resort - where we scheduled to go next - was closed... no snow! - so my heart was safe for the rest of the trip.

Anyway, this was one Fantabulous Winter Vacation! The dogs, meanwhile were safe and sound in 60's and 70's weather with the house sitter who spoiled them rotten. LOL.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.