Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgYou're welcome. We got Dozer the Camoflauge one, it's really cool looking. You have to post pictures of Chubbs when he gets his new harness.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
We got a size 0 for Buttercup (34 lbs, 23.5" girth). She's just at the bottom of the size range for 0 but that's the size they advised us to get when I inquired. The front strap overlaps 1-2" under the velcro because it is a little long but overall seems to fit her fine and we are enjoying walking with it! She was fine with it from the start and now gets excited when she sees it because she knows it is time for a walk.

A former dog groomer we know said I should get a harness with a leash lead in the chest area to improve my ability to redirect her while walking, but I like that the leash attaches where it does because it no longer gets tangled in her legs. We still need to do some training to keep her from pulling, but at least now she isn't choking herself.

Thanks to Vikinggirl & everyone else for sharing your experiences with this harness! Am so happy we got it.

2014-11-13 12.34.33.jpg

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww Buttercup looks so cute in her new harness, it looks like it fits well. Dozers also overlaps a little on the Velcro, but it's okay. I was afraid to order the size 0, in case it was too small or too tight, and since I had to order from Canada, I didn't want to pay postage and shipping twice to send it back. I'm glad you're both enjoying it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Every bully looks so great in their K9 harnesses! thanks for all the helpful information; i'm on a quest to finding a couple of these harnesses for my boys now.
[MENTION=12744]minibull[/MENTION], i use that type of harness--some are called EZ walk harnesses--on Finn and his leash is always getting tangled b/c of the location of where the lead is attached. I'm not really sure it has helped with his walking, TBH.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Every bully looks so great in their K9 harnesses! thanks for all the helpful information; i'm on a quest to finding a couple of these harnesses for my boys now.
@minibull, i use that type of harness--some are called EZ walk harnesses--on Finn and his leash is always getting tangled b/c of the location of where the lead is attached. I'm not really sure it has helped with his walking, TBH.

Thanks for the harness tip! I do not want to get anything that promotes leash tangling. When we first got Buttercup this was an issue with her leash/collar and she never had any idea that there was a problem so she would just keep limping along excitedly. I got a bit frustrated by having to stop bend down to untangle her multiple times per walk.

We have been using the harness and I like it. She sometimes still pulls a lot but the handle has been amazingly handy on a few occasions now. Last week she was so intent on meeting a 150-lb dog in his yard that I literally could not control her with the leash. If not for that handle to turn her around and drag her a few feet away I think I would have been injured. And if we were using a collar she likely would have had tracheal damage so the harness really saved the day. Who knew a 35-lb dog could be so strong? Looks like we need to do more training.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.