Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Yeah It Finally came today.

I bought Size 1 for both of them, which fit Blossom perfectly, but it was a little loose at first for Dozer, but we adjusted the Velcro strap on the chest and now it fits fine, it just overlaps a little. The belt that goes under the belly fits them both good. Blossom has a stockier build and her chest is a little wider than dozers.

The website has a size chart with the measurements for sizing.

The Julius-K9 Power Harness (Service dog version) is one of the strongest and most versatile harnesses on the market and is used for search and rescue dogs throughout Europe. This harness is also used for dog training, for an everyday harness and great for walks.
    Outer material is made from scratch-resistant polyester, a padded back and extra wide straps. Handle at the back, which can be closed by Velcro and a ring to attach the leash and dog tags. Reflective tape on the chest strap for better visibility.
    Buckle under the waist with sturdy snap fasteners. Velcro adjustable chest strap. With interchangeable logos.

Accessories
    Labels: 3 sizes small medium large
    Side bags size 0 and larger
    Flashlight size 0 and larger

Available in Black, Red, Blue, Camouflage, Earth, Blue Sky, Kiwi, Orange and Pink.

Sizes available to fit dogs size 2 - 176 lbs.

Baby 1:Chest Measurement 11.5 - 16 inches. Weight 2-6Lbs. 1-3Kg
    Baby2:Chest Measurement 14 - 18 inches. Weight 4 - 11Lbs. 2-5Kg
    Mini-Mini:Chest Measurement 18 - 21.5 inches. Weight 8.8 - 15Lbs. 4-7Kg
    Mini:Chest Measurement 18 - 23.5 inches. Weight 15 - 33Lbs.7-15Kg
    Size 0:Chest Measurement 23.5 - 29.5 inches. Weight 33 - 50Lbs. 15-23Kg
    Size 1:Chest Measurement 26 - 33.5 inches. Weight 44 - 66Lbs. 20-30Kg
    Size 2:Chest Measurement 28 - 38inches. Weight 61 - 88Lbs.28-40Kg
    Size 3:Chest Measurement 32 - 46.5 inches. Weight 88 - 176Lbs. 40-80Kg
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

thanks for the info. I will buy this one once harvey outgrows his old one, which is soon.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Here is the website link, when you are ready to order, and you can also buy them on Amazon.

Julius-K9 Original Power Harness [1] - $25.95 : JULIUS-K9 US
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

@Vikinggirl, thanks so much!

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg-image-jpgYou're welcome. We got Dozer the Camoflauge one, it's really cool looking. You have to post pictures of Chubbs when he gets his new harness.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

@Vikinggirl Will do.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

We got a size 0 for Buttercup (34 lbs, 23.5" girth). She's just at the bottom of the size range for 0 but that's the size they advised us to get when I inquired. The front strap overlaps 1-2" under the velcro because it is a little long but overall seems to fit her fine and we are enjoying walking with it! She was fine with it from the start and now gets excited when she sees it because she knows it is time for a walk.

A former dog groomer we know said I should get a harness with a leash lead in the chest area to improve my ability to redirect her while walking, but I like that the leash attaches where it does because it no longer gets tangled in her legs. We still need to do some training to keep her from pulling, but at least now she isn't choking herself.

Thanks to Vikinggirl & everyone else for sharing your experiences with this harness! Am so happy we got it.

-2014-11-13-12-34-33-jpg

Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww Buttercup looks so cute in her new harness, it looks like it fits well. Dozers also overlaps a little on the Velcro, but it's okay. I was afraid to order the size 0, in case it was too small or too tight, and since I had to order from Canada, I didn't want to pay postage and shipping twice to send it back. I'm glad you're both enjoying it.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Such a cutie! :-)

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Every bully looks so great in their K9 harnesses! thanks for all the helpful information; i'm on a quest to finding a couple of these harnesses for my boys now.
    @minibull, i use that type of harness--some are called EZ walk harnesses--on Finn and his leash is always getting tangled b/c of the location of where the lead is attached. I'm not really sure it has helped with his walking, TBH.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Every bully looks so great in their K9 harnesses! thanks for all the helpful information; i'm on a quest to finding a couple of these harnesses for my boys now.
    @minibull, i use that type of harness--some are called EZ walk harnesses--on Finn and his leash is always getting tangled b/c of the location of where the lead is attached. I'm not really sure it has helped with his walking, TBH.
    Thanks for the harness tip! I do not want to get anything that promotes leash tangling. When we first got Buttercup this was an issue with her leash/collar and she never had any idea that there was a problem so she would just keep limping along excitedly. I got a bit frustrated by having to stop bend down to untangle her multiple times per walk.

We have been using the harness and I like it. She sometimes still pulls a lot but the handle has been amazingly handy on a few occasions now. Last week she was so intent on meeting a 150-lb dog in his yard that I literally could not control her with the leash. If not for that handle to turn her around and drag her a few feet away I think I would have been injured. And if we were using a collar she likely would have had tracheal damage so the harness really saved the day. Who knew a 35-lb dog could be so strong? Looks like we need to do more training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads