Cant sleep

L

Lucy-licious

Cant belive its 12:40am and i'm lay on the couch checking the latest EBN posts cos i cant sleep.
I'm tired, my eyes are sore but my brain wont let me sleep
And worse than this i've gotta be up at 6am to get ready for work:eek:
Anybody else have times when sleep wont come?
Any easy cures, i've tried a hot drink, I've been in bed and got up,and i've tried readin.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
try tylenol pm or something along that... i work nites right now and sometimes i have to take one so i can sleep during the day, most of the time i can crash as soon as i get home and sometimes i cant

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Well, I was going to suggest reading, but you've tried that. I'd be real careful of Tylenol PM. Maybe some can handle it, but those things KNOCK me out! If I took one at midnight, there's NO way I could drag myself up at 6 am. Guess no one else was on here the other night, since all your ideas came after that. Did you finally get some sleep?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope you got some rest. I usually don't have any problems going to sleeP so I am useless to help you.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Crown Royal works great for me. :p
I have a terrible time sleeping. I can
feel the nights coming on that I don't
sleep. When I feel them coming I take
some Tylenol PM or something like that.
It usually works pretty good.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Thanx guys, i finally drifted off here at 4am and am just fillin up on coffee before i go into work
Its my mums bday tomorrow so were goin for a meal tonight but will go straight to bed after thay
Luckily i'm on a late monday so no need to get up so early :)

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i usually take melatonin 30 minutes before i know i need to go to sleep, if i can't be groggy the next morning. if alertness does not matter, i will take advil pm, or ativan if it is my anxiety not letting me sleep.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Glad you got a little sleep. I have trouble too... Since Cassie passed away I usually get up in the middle of the night and read and post here till the mood strikes me to go back to bed. Most of the time I'll take a advil or tylenol pm. Just one does it for me..no need to take 2.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Wish we had stuff like that available over the counter here, afraid the only sleep remedies are herbal and i've tried them before theyre rubbish, athything with sedative type properties are prescription only...as far as i am aware.
Sleep does evade me a lot especially after a stressful late shift i get cross with myself when i cant sleep which just makes it worse.
Anyways off to get clean n then takin mum for a bday dinner :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.