I'm so mad..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I really do neep another doc. He is a family practitioner. One example of his stupidity is, my blood pressure was really high and he wanted to stick me on meds right away instead of trying anything else. I suggested, hey why dont I try to lose some of the weight I have steadily gaining? I need to lose 50 pounds. The genius had the nerve to seriously suggest gastric bypass surgery! I could never afford to lose that much weight. I walked out of the office, went on a diet and have lost almost 20 of the 50 pounds so far and I have my blood pressure holding steady at 126/80. It was 200/110. Yay me!

HOLY CRAP!! You need a new doctor

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Now that was awesome, would have loved to have seen the look on your docs face hahaha. Priceless. Get better soon

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I really do neep another doc. He is a family practitioner. One example of his stupidity is, my blood pressure was really high and he wanted to stick me on meds right away instead of trying anything else. I suggested, hey why dont I try to lose some of the weight I have steadily gaining? I need to lose 50 pounds. The genius had the nerve to seriously suggest gastric bypass surgery! I could never afford to lose that much weight. I walked out of the office, went on a diet and have lost almost 20 of the 50 pounds so far and I have my blood pressure holding steady at 126/80. It was 200/110. Yay me!

OMG they should not even consider gastric bypass unless you are at least 100 pounds overweight!!!

I fired my nurse practitioner because he was a complete moron!!! He put me cholesterol medicine when I started taking thyroid medicine… and I started having side effects from the statin. When I looked up the medicine and realized what was going on I called him… his response "Yeah go ahead and stop taking it, your cholesterol was great on your last blood work". Of course it was BECAUSE I WAS ON CHOLESTEROL MEDS YOU IDIOT!!! :blink: I found an internist who did a complete profile on me, and then told me that I didn't need cholesterol meds under the new guidelines. This take pills and do the research later mentality is so scary nowadays…

If I were you I would find a new doctor...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Congratulations on the blood pressure and losing like that!!

I would get this jerk to give me a referral to an Ear Nose and Throat doc like [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] said. Catching a sinus infection twice within a couple of months apart is dangerous not to mention pneumonia which is a killer.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think I am going to. Thanks guys!

Most Reactions