Feeling like a Halloween Scrooge

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I will taking the grand girls out , my daughter drives and papa walks with them and I am just there testing the candy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Henny have you ever just left a bowl out w/candy so that you don't have to open up the door a million times? We have done that, and you'd be surprised how honest kids can be… especially if the parents are with them!!!

I've thought of that but I'd have to leave the bowl of candy on the porch and the stomping of kids back/forth will make the boys go nuts :crazy:. I'm leaning towards leaving the lights out and buying Halloween candy at 50% off the next day for my own consumption...yes, call me the selfish-Halloween-Scrooge-lady. :weird:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've thought of that but I'd have to leave the bowl of candy on the porch and the stomping of kids back/forth will make the boys go nuts :crazy:. I'm leaning towards leaving the lights out and buying Halloween candy at 50% off the next day for my own consumption...yes, call me the selfish-Halloween-Scrooge-lady. :weird:

I don't think you're a scrooge at all, we live in L.A. and you really need to watch what you're doing especially when people are walking around in disguise. We had 8 different parents (!!) actually trick or treating WITH their kids last year, I couldn't believe it. We had children the size of basketball point guards trick or treating. We're not passing out candy and if you're a scrooge then we are right there with you :ROFL:, it's a Friday night too and the Kings will be on TV lol, you can't DVR sports! GO KINGS GO!!!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Well you are probably right… I say enjoy your evening then, and the candy the next day!!! Lol

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't think you're a scrooge at all, we live in L.A. and you really need to watch what you're doing especially when people are walking around in disguise. We had 8 different parents (!!) actually trick or treating WITH their kids last year, I couldn't believe it. We had children the size of basketball point guards trick or treating. We're not passing out candy and if you're a scrooge then we are right there with you :ROFL:, it's a Friday night too and the Kings will be on TV lol, you can't DVR sports! GO KINGS GO!!!!!

I had "KIDS" come to MY door not even in costume wanting candy and I was like NO… if you want candy then you'd better at least dress up for it!!! WTH is wrong w/people?!! LMAO!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had "KIDS" come to MY door not even in costume wanting candy and I was like NO… if you want candy then you'd better at least dress up for it!!! WTH is wrong w/people?!! LMAO!!!

:ROFL: its a world gone mad! :ROFL: if I said that to a kid out here he'd pull out a 357 and shoot me down!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:ROFL: its a world gone mad! :ROFL:

You have NO frigging idea, in my next of the woods this last week has been completely BONKERS!!! Lol

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
:ROFL: its a world gone mad! :ROFL: if I said that to a kid out here he'd pull out a 357 and shoot me down!

Where in the heck do you live in LA? Yeah I lived in LA for 9 years. Well when I lived there it was chains and knives. As time has passed so has the weapons of choice changed.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Man that sounds like MY kind of Halloween… too bad I have to deal w/the kids!!! Lol :drink:
You come here, bring Wally, we will have a good time. My sister in law just gave me a nice bottle of wine from their trip to gatlinburg...we can have some of that. LOL.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Dont feel bad im a scrooge also, but we dont live in a neighborhood so i dont feel that bad about it.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You come here, bring Wally, we will have a good time. My sister in law just gave me a nice bottle of wine from their trip to gatlinburg...we can have some of that. LOL.

I need to figure out how far away you are from me… I might need a Ruthie & Brutus fix!!! Lol

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel loves to help. Last year we gave out over 300 pieces of candy and it poured down rain! This year they're expecting snow--but that is to be expected. There will be thousands of little Ilsa's running around this part of the country! Here is a shot of Mabel and me last year.
IMG_0573.jpg

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Mabel loves to help. Last year we gave out over 300 pieces of candy and it poured down rain! This year they're expecting snow--but that is to be expected. There will be thousands of little Ilsa's running around this part of the country! Here is a shot of Mabel and me last year.
View attachment 79685

cute!!

I've decided to join in on the festivities tonight; i actually went out at lunch today to buy some treats for the kids. It's supposed to rain tonight here in LA :pray:, so we'll see how it goes.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I just ironed all the costumes and gonna start getting the kids all ready to go. My bulldogs are wondering why they get dinner early! :confused:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.