cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm still debating whether or not I will be giving out candy this year. I know it sounds terrible but my two favorite shows are on Friday nights starting at 8pm and candy is so dang expensive these days :ohmy:. I remember I spent around $40 on candy last year and you know what ended up happening? I didn't even pass them out!

Will u guys be passing out candy do the neighborhood kids and will your bullies be helping you?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We pass candy out. I live in a development where everyone and their brother drive and park their cars to take the kids around. Last year we kept track and we had over 200 trick or treater's!! :w00t:. We go to Sams and buy the big bulk bags, and yes we spent about 50 bucks on candy. BUT, this year I went to the dollar store and got little plastic treat bags, about 100 of them. We are going to do bags with 3-4 pcs. of candy like tootsie rolls, suckers, and a tiny candy bar. Last year we did handfuls and ran out. Vegas is put in the bedroom along with the cat. We have a screened in front porch with a table and chairs and we just sit outside and pass it out.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], that's such a good idea making those treat bags! i know if i do pass out candy i will need to get the doggy gate up bc the boys will go bonkers seeing all those kids.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No... Too stressful on the pups... And, truth be told, I LOVE autum, but never liked Halloween

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not a bag fan myself but my daughter and her boyfriend will sit in the driveway and hand candy out so i don't have to.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I love Halloween! We've had decorations up and pumpkins on the porch since October 1st. I've been watching scary movies every night after I put the kiddos to bed to get into the Halloween spirit.
We always have candy in case we get trick-or-treaters but even when they do come...there aren't many because we live on the edge of town and the houses are more spread out. The smart kids are hitting apartment complexes and close together houses to maximize their candy collecting experience!
The dogs however....will probably spend their evening in their crates in the laundry room. People knocking on the door make them go nuts....for their sanity it will be a quiet early night for them :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OK Henny...you be a Halloween Scrooge and I'll be a Xmas scrooge. But if I were you...DVR your shows and hand out candy.

I will be concerned this year b/c Bentley is so OCD. So I will play it by ear.

On another note...any leftover candy will be sent to our troops overseas.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OK Henny...you be a Halloween Scrooge and I'll be a Xmas scrooge. But if I were you...DVR your shows and hand out candy.

I will be concerned this year b/c Bentley is so OCD. So I will play it by ear.

On another note...any leftover candy will be sent to our troops overseas.

Ever since I canx'd cable TV I no longer have a DVR gadget. I know you can get those things separately right? mine came w/my cable package. I can always catch those shows (Amazing Race and Dateline) online the day after, so i'm really just making some lame excuses!

and Roger, being an Xmas Scrooge is far worse, IMO!!! don't even go there! :no:(hoping to make you a convert now that you've joined the Christmas greeting card brigade)!!
:christmas34:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Ever since I canx'd cable TV I no longer have a DVR gadget. I know you can get those things separately right? mine came w/my cable package. I can always catch those shows (Amazing Race and Dateline) online the day after, so i'm really just making some lame excuses!

and Roger, being an Xmas Scrooge is far worse, IMO!!! don't even go there! :no:(hoping to make you a convert now that you've joined the Christmas greeting card brigade)!!
:christmas34:
Bah-humbug!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Nope. I live in a 35 story high rise, and every year there's a list that the tenants sign if they're handing out candy.
Every one that goes trick or treating gets a copy of the list so they know which apartments to go to.
It's a great idea and works wonderfully.

I can't do it since Blue is is so skittish, and now that we have Wellie, I can't imagine handing out candy to all the kids here.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I hand out candy every year, but normally I'm out w/my kids trick-or-treating so I leave out a bowl and a sign out to take one (or a treat bag). This year is going to be sad for me though… not only is my hubby gone, but I just found out that I won't be trick-or-treating w/my grandson Marcus like we had originally planned :( The other grandfather made a BIG DEAL that he was taking Marcus this year, so I guess it's just me & Lily. I have dressed the dogs and taken them w/us just to walk the neighborhood, but w/Ray gone I doubt I will do it by myself.

Henny have you ever just left a bowl out w/candy so that you don't have to open up the door a million times? We have done that, and you'd be surprised how honest kids can be… especially if the parents are with them!!! Lol

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Why can't you still watch your shows? Do kids trick or treat after 8pm? It mind of stops here around 7.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Well to my surprise being here for the first time in the last 14 years on Halloween Australia now celebrates it Its like walking around the shops there now with all the Halloween dress ups, buckets garden statues and the lollies, but as I am going out for dinner I will not be here to open the door.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I dont blame you. I have always disliked halloween even when i was kid.
We sit outside with a fire, my husband hands out candy and I get drunk, eat most of the candy and play with Ruthie and brutus. I mostly sit out there to show off my dogs in their costumes LOL. I'm more impressed with the dogs that come around than i am kids.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I dont blame you. I have always disliked halloween even when i was kid.
We sit outside with a fire, my husband hands out candy and I get drunk, eat most of the candy and play with Ruthie and brutus. I mostly sit out there to show off my dogs in their costumes LOL. I'm more impressed with the dogs that come around than i am kids.

Man that sounds like MY kind of Halloween… too bad I have to deal w/the kids!!! Lol :drink:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.