boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Re: Any good HOOROR movies lately?

I think the most scary(or the most influential on my imagination) for me was Blair Witch....I grew up near the forest and spent a lot of time there. We did things as kids, to try to scare ourselves and others. When I saw this as an adult, it allowed my imagination to take hold. I still think about this movie if I am in or near the woods. There really isn't much story driven content or plot. Just many elements that make your mind make conclusions.

I should watch it again....I was only able to watch it once.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Honestly I can't say there has been a lot of good scary movies lately. The conjuring, The Purge and Dark Skies were all pretty good though.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)

I am horrormaniac! Went to see Annabelle when it opened and it was good and just saw Ouija last week when it opened and I liked it. Had me jumping in my seat and covering my eyes...hahahaha

I've been enjoying AMC Fear Fest since last week and tonight kicks off the Halloween marathon! Can't wait - got my popcorn ready!

I love Hellraiser series, Saw, and all the oldies and goodies!

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014

I just watched the Paranormal Activity marathon with Madison over the weekend. The scary parts were scary, the rest of the movie was dumb.
We have the same voice on our home alarm as the house on paranormal activity 4.... that really creeped me out. Haha.
The day after watching it one of the kiddos didn't close the deck door completely and the wind blew it open so the alarm lady told me "porch door ajar".... but no one came in. It was so creepy haha.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack

We have the same voice on our home alarm as the house on paranormal activity 4.... that really creeped me out. Haha.
The day after watching it one of the kiddos didn't close the deck door completely and the wind blew it open so the alarm lady told me "porch door ajar".... but no one came in. It was so creepy haha.
Oh no, I would have soiled myself.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

That would of freaked me out. I would of made Chris take me and the bullies to a hotel.

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014

I am horrormaniac! Went to see Annabelle when it opened and it was good and just saw Ouija last week when it opened and I liked it. Had me jumping in my seat and covering my eyes...hahahaha

I've been enjoying AMC Fear Fest since last week and tonight kicks off the Halloween marathon! Can't wait - got my popcorn ready!

I love Hellraiser series, Saw, and all the oldies and goodies!
Me too! ! Hellraiser! Great movies! :)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

I'm gonna have to see the Descent…

make sure that when you do watch this, have Wally, Roxie and your hubby all huddled really close by to you, and make sure you're not wearing eye makeup b/c you'll be covering your eyes a lot and you don't want to mess it up, oh, and don't be doing any spelunking this coming weekend, okay? :halloween15:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

When I was a kid, the Amityville Horror ones scared me as well as Nightmare on Elm Street!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank

Been watching all the scary movies this week!

The Conjuring, Blair Witch Project, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Paranormal Activity (caught bits and pieces of the marathon), Haunting in Connecticut

Love scary movies!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Honestly I can't say there has been a lot of good scary movies lately. The conjuring, The Purge and Dark Skies were all pretty good though.

We went to the theater to see Dark Skies, and honestly it really freaked me out. The kid that was "taken" looks so much like my nephew, it really got to me… I actually got a migraine after we saw that movie!!! Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

That's the kind of crap that always happens while my hubby is gone… LMAO!!!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian

A darker reality , Vile , Blood Shed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel

The United States Government...................

ROFLMAO!!!

I think my favorite was The Exorcist. I'm dating myself, but I stood in line for over 2 hours to see this movie the weekend it was released, and have to admit that part of what made it scary was the crowd in the theater. I sat in the balcony of the theater in front of a man who kept yelling, "DON'T go down that hall!" It was funny and added to the suspense.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.